Lil Wayne Won Big at 2008 BET Hip Hop Awards
Lil Wayne bagged three prizes at 2008 BET Hip Hop Awards, including "MVP of the Year" beating up Jay-Z, T.I., Kanye West, and DJ Khaled. During an acceptance speech at the event, Wayne told the crowd, "I got a son about to be born any day now, so shout-out to him. Pray for me." Taped at Atlanta's Civic Center on Saturday, October 18, the annual show also announced Wayne as the winner of "Lyricist of the Year" and "Alltel People's Champ".
Another artist who grabbed the awards' prize is Shawty Lo, who walked away with "Rookie of the Year" putting aside Ace Hood, Flo Rida, Maino, and Rocko. Meanwhile, rap mogul Russell Simmons was honoured with "I Am Hip-Hop Icon" award, which was presented to an individual who, during his or her lifetime, has made notable contributions of outstanding significance to the hip hop community.
The performance highlights at the ceremony came from Wayne, T.I., Nas, Ludacris, Nelly, Common, Young Jeezy, Ice Cube, and Rick Ross among others. Other big names appearing at the event also included 50 Cent, Keri Hilson, Big Boi, Keyshia Cole, and Ciara. The full winners will be released when the show airs on BET on October 23.
More Lil Wayne News
- Gisele Bundchen Gets Shirtless Assistant Taking Care of Her Booty During Photo Shoot
- Beyonce Remembers Aaliyah 15 Years Later With Sweet Throwback Video
- Chris Evans' Steve Rogers Is No Longer Captain America in MCU, Russo Brothers Confirm
- 'Blade Runner 2' Set Collapses, Kills Construction Worker
- Scott Eastwood Makes Emotional Phone Call to Father of His Ex Who Died in Car Crash
- Snoop Dogg and Wiz Khalifa Sued by Victims of Collapsed Railing at Their Concert
- Homeland Security on the Hunt for Those Who Hacked Leslie Jones' Website
- Check Out Christina Grimmie's Third Posthumous Music Video for 'Deception'