'The Soloist' Being Delayed to 2009
Paramount Pictures' "The Soloist", a drama musical that centers on a homeless violin player, has been bumped to 2009. Paramount have decided to push back the Jamie Foxx and Robert Downey Jr.-starring movie from November 21, 2008 to March 13, 2009. The news was broken out firstly by Nikki Finke of Deadline Hollywood Daily and later was confirmed by Paramount.
Though it is said that the studio toppers are disappointed by the delay due to the losing possibility of it competing for 2008 Academy Awards slot, they are hoping that this film gains commercial success in the new date. Paramount vice chairman, Rob Moore, has come up with a reason saying, "We decided it's a commercial movie that will play well in the spring, and we'll give it an aggressive wide release then."
On another Paramount movie news, the limited release of "Defiance", starred by Daniel Craig and Liev Schreiber, has also been pushed back from its initial release date on December 12 to December 31 with a wide release on January 16, 2009. By being released on January 16, the flick will go up against "I Love You, Man", "Paul Blart: Mall Cop" and "The Brothers Bloom".
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'