'The Soloist' Being Delayed to 2009
Paramount Pictures' "The Soloist", a drama musical that centers on a homeless violin player, has been bumped to 2009. Paramount have decided to push back the Jamie Foxx and Robert Downey Jr.-starring movie from November 21, 2008 to March 13, 2009. The news was broken out firstly by Nikki Finke of Deadline Hollywood Daily and later was confirmed by Paramount.
Though it is said that the studio toppers are disappointed by the delay due to the losing possibility of it competing for 2008 Academy Awards slot, they are hoping that this film gains commercial success in the new date. Paramount vice chairman, Rob Moore, has come up with a reason saying, "We decided it's a commercial movie that will play well in the spring, and we'll give it an aggressive wide release then."
On another Paramount movie news, the limited release of "Defiance", starred by Daniel Craig and Liev Schreiber, has also been pushed back from its initial release date on December 12 to December 31 with a wide release on January 16, 2009. By being released on January 16, the flick will go up against "I Love You, Man", "Paul Blart: Mall Cop" and "The Brothers Bloom".
- AOA's Choa Wipes Her Instagram Account Clean Following Dating Rumors
- Doug Liman Leaves 'Justice League Dark', 'It' Director Andres Muschietti May Take Over the Project
- Kim Kardashian Tries to Save Marriage to Kanye West for the Sake of Fame
- Blac Chyna Plans Plastic Surgery Makeover to Match Her Post-Baby Body
- Melania Trump 'Fixes' Her Hair as Donald Trump Tries to Hold Her Hand
- Bella Hadid Enjoys Dinner Date With Mystery Hunk in Rome and Leaves With Bouquet of Roses
- Kourtney Kardashian and Kendall Jenner Are Denied Access to Party in France
- Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi Having a Baby to Save 'Stormy' Marriage