'The Soloist' Being Delayed to 2009
Paramount Pictures' "The Soloist", a drama musical that centers on a homeless violin player, has been bumped to 2009. Paramount have decided to push back the Jamie Foxx and Robert Downey Jr.-starring movie from November 21, 2008 to March 13, 2009. The news was broken out firstly by Nikki Finke of Deadline Hollywood Daily and later was confirmed by Paramount.
Though it is said that the studio toppers are disappointed by the delay due to the losing possibility of it competing for 2008 Academy Awards slot, they are hoping that this film gains commercial success in the new date. Paramount vice chairman, Rob Moore, has come up with a reason saying, "We decided it's a commercial movie that will play well in the spring, and we'll give it an aggressive wide release then."
On another Paramount movie news, the limited release of "Defiance", starred by Daniel Craig and Liev Schreiber, has also been pushed back from its initial release date on December 12 to December 31 with a wide release on January 16, 2009. By being released on January 16, the flick will go up against "I Love You, Man", "Paul Blart: Mall Cop" and "The Brothers Bloom".
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story