'The Soloist' Being Delayed to 2009
Paramount Pictures' "The Soloist", a drama musical that centers on a homeless violin player, has been bumped to 2009. Paramount have decided to push back the Jamie Foxx and Robert Downey Jr.-starring movie from November 21, 2008 to March 13, 2009. The news was broken out firstly by Nikki Finke of Deadline Hollywood Daily and later was confirmed by Paramount.
Though it is said that the studio toppers are disappointed by the delay due to the losing possibility of it competing for 2008 Academy Awards slot, they are hoping that this film gains commercial success in the new date. Paramount vice chairman, Rob Moore, has come up with a reason saying, "We decided it's a commercial movie that will play well in the spring, and we'll give it an aggressive wide release then."
On another Paramount movie news, the limited release of "Defiance", starred by Daniel Craig and Liev Schreiber, has also been pushed back from its initial release date on December 12 to December 31 with a wide release on January 16, 2009. By being released on January 16, the flick will go up against "I Love You, Man", "Paul Blart: Mall Cop" and "The Brothers Bloom".
- Gigi Hadid's Family Wants Her to Dump Zayn Malik Because of This
- Is Destiny's Child Reunion Happening? Here's What Kelly Rowland Says
- Kim Kardashian's Sex Tape Turned Into Virtual Reality Experience
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Photos: Jon Snow Reunites With an Old Friend and It's Doesn't Look Friendly
- Jennifer Lawrence Was 'Stressed Out' When Dating Chris Martin, Is Happier With Darren Aronofsky
- Blake Lively Celebrates Ryan Reynolds' 40th Birthday Amid Physical Abuse Allegations
- Justin Bieber Extends 'Purpose World Tour' After Storming Off Stage Mid-Performance
- Ice Cube and 'Hamilton' Helmer Team Up for 'Oliver Twist' Musical at Disney