Canadian Songbird Nelly Furtado Comes Clean About Secret Nuptials
The long circulating rumor is no longer an unconfirmed speculation as Nelly Furtado has broken her silence, confirming to Entertainment Tonight Canada that she has married her sound engineer boyfriend Demacio Castellon over the summer. In an interview with the media, aired Friday, October 17, she stated, "We got married July 19th. I love it."
Nelly and Demacio's first meeting occurred while they were working on her 2006 album, "Loose." They then got engaged in 2007, reportedly in July after she was spotted sporting a huge diamond ring on her engagement finger while she was out and about in London, England.
Providing no more details about her marriage to Demacio, Nelly was immediately asked about a possible baby. To that she offered no comment, simply telling Entertainment Tonight Canada, "It's a nice phase of my life," when referring to the life she's living with Demacio. "I just feel kind of free and relaxed and more in tune with trying not to be so stressed out. [I'm] trying to enjoy things a little more. I'm happy ... I'm excited about the future."
Rumors on Nelly and Demacio's wedding initially sparked December last year after she was seen wearing a gold wedding band on her ring finger, below her diamond engagement ring, at Miami's Y100 Jingle Ball. In February 2008, reports surfaced that she and Demacio were expecting a child, but a representative for her denied the rumors. Despite the denial, Nelly has already had one daughter, Nevis, from her previous relationship with DJ Jasper Gahunia.
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?