Sarah Palin's 'SNL' Appearance Confirmed
It has been confirmed that Sarah Palin will make an appearance on "Saturday Night Live" following Tina Fey's three times parodies of her in the same show. Jill Hazelbaker, a spokeswoman from the campaign team of John McCain confirmed on Friday, October 17 that Palin will appear on the October 18 episode.
Later that day after the confirmation, Palin said on an interview with nationally syndicated radio host Neal Boortz, "I just want to be there to show Americans that we will rise above the political shots that we take," when asked on the idea of her playing Fey. No other details have been shared out whether Palin will appear as herself or impersonate Fey.
The October 18 edition of "SNL" will be circling around the upcoming presidential election, with Josh Brolin guest hosting the show. Brolin plays President Bush on Oliver Stone's "W" that has hit theaters since Friday, October 17.
Palin's participation in the show came to no surprise since "SNL" executive producer Lorne Michaels said previously that the campaign team had had a talk about it with the producers of the show. McCain also mentioned during his Thursday, October 16 stint at "Late Show With David Letterman" that Palin is on. During one of her campaigns last week, Palin herself said of Fey, "I love her, she's a hoot, and she's so talented. It would be fun to meet her, imitate her and keep on giving her new material."
More Saturday Night Live News
- Sophie Turner Holds Tight to Beau Joe Jonas on a Dinner Date in London
- Lady GaGa and Taylor Swift May Replace Beyonce at Coachella 2017
- Watch The Heffleys' Messy Road Trip in 'Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Long Haul' First Teaser
- 'Nashville' Star Exits the Show After 'Devastating' Twist
- 'The Fate of the Furious': Dom Is Going to Kill Letty in New Trailer
- Kourtney Kardashian Is in 'Self-Destruct Mode' After Scott Disick Split
- Ex-Pussycat Doll Ashley Roberts 'Flirting' With Brooklyn Beckham at BRITs After-Party
- Scarlett Johansson to Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the Fifth Time