Robert De Niro Inks Deal with CBS as Executive Producer
Academy award winning, Robert De Niro, has inked deal with CBS network to work on three projects. He will play a role on those, not as an actor, but as an executive producer along with his Tribeca productions' partner, Jane Rosenthal.
CBS guarantess that at least one of the three projects will be produced as a series pilot. The first upcoming project that will be produced soon is a partnership between Tribeca productions and Media Rights Capital. The script writer to build up the story is the Oscar winning writer for "The Departed", William Monahan. It is a debut for Monahan in taking his writing into a television.
There are no detailed information yet about the title and the air date. Rosenthal only could say the definite place for the drama setting, "It's right in his wheelhouse, though, and set squarely in New York."
Both Tribeca production founders, Robert and Rosenthal, are the fans of Monahan stories. "Bob (De Niro) and I are huge fans of his movies and the characters he writes. We wanted to stretch into television." Rosenthal said.
Rosenthal personally, who worked at CBS and has a long friendship with CBS President, Les Moonves, believes that the agreement will be pleasant. She said in a statement, "I worked at CBS and have a long friendship with Les Moonves. It felt like home."
More Robert De Niro News
- Two New Characters on 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 Revealed. Get the Details!
- Khloe Kardashian Tries to 'Move On and Focus on Herself' During Her 'Sad' 32nd Birthday
- Ansel Elgort Is in Talks to Star in 'Dungeons and Dragons' Reboot
- Did Britney Spears Delay Single to Include Sample of Justin Timberlake's 'Cry Me a River'?
- George Clooney Reportedly 'Refused' to Protect Wife Amal From 'Bloodthirsty Terrorists'
- Kylie Jenner Asks Tyga to Move Back Into Her House
- Rihanna Is Unhappy Kanye West Put Her in Bed With Donald Trump and George W. Bush in 'Famous' Video
- Iggy Azalea Gets Thanked for 'Ruining Hip-Hop.' See Her Reaction