More Fresh Photos From 'Star Trek' Hit
Following the recent outing of six revealing pictures from the upcoming "Star Trek", a number of fresher stills have been unveiled. Unlike the previous images which are mostly intended to give out as many of the action and adventure in the movie as possible, these newer images focus generally on some of the major characters. Almost all of the new images come out in courtesy of Entertainment Weekly (EW).
In respective order, the pictures posted below provide a closer take to Captain James T. Kirk by Chris Pine, U.S.S. Enterprise's science and executive officer Spock by Zachary Quinto, Romulan villain Nero by Eric Bana, U.S.S. Enterprise's physician Dr. Leonard "Bones" McCoy by Karl Urban, and U.S.S. Enterprise's staff physicist Hikaru Sulu by John Cho.
Apart from the exposure to the characters, fans can also get a better look into U.S.S. Kelvin, the starship that is commanded by Captain Robau with George Kirk serving as the first officer. This ship is said to be featured in the opening sequence of the movie, being attacked by Nero at the time before James Kirk was born. The last photo posted below comes from Yahoo! and lets out another take on Sulu.
Beside putting out those pictures, EW also wrote down an article discussing about the new "Star Trek" from director J.J. Abrams' point of view. In it, Abrams reveals that his aim is to make the Enterprise cool again, noting, "I don't think people even understand what Star Trek means anymore." The rest of the article can be read at Entertainment Weekly.
The eleventh feature film of the famed sci-fi movie, "Star Trek" chronicles the early days of James T. Kirk and his fellow USS Enterprise crew members during their time at Starfleet Academy. The flick will also see Simon Pegg, Winona Ryder, Zoe Saldana, Anton Yelchin and Leonard Nimoy among others as the cast ensemble. Scripted by Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman, it will be released in theaters on May 8, 2009.
More Star Trek News
- Blake Lively Celebrates Baby Shower With Taylor Swift
- Gabby Douglas Apologizes After Missing VMAs due to Health Issues
- First Look at Miley Cyrus as Hippie in Woody Allen's 'Crisis in Six Scenes'
- Drake and Rihanna Kiss on Instagram, Enjoy Date Night After VMAs
- Chris Brown Reacts to Accusations That He Pulled Gun on Woman
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Announces Full Cast and Pairings for Season 23
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board