James Van Der Beek Coming to 'One Tree Hill'
"Dawson's Creek" former cast James Van Der Beek lands himself a role in another teen drama series, "One Tree Hill". He will play a movie director who takes interest in making Lucas' book into a movie, according to some reports.
He will shoot his episode in Wilmington, North Carolina, the same location where he used to shoot for the episodes of "Creek". His episode will air sometime in November.
"The specter of Dawson's Creek is always around us," One Tree Hill executive producer Mark Schwahn said. "We're about to complete 128 episodes, which is what Dawson's did. So I thought it would be cool to get James."
It was previously reported that actor Austin Nichols would join the show to play the indie movie producer who expresses interest in turning Lucas' first novel into a film.
Last year Beek also had a cameo on "Ugly Betty" playing an owner of a fashion house who isn't impressed by transsexual Mode magazine editor Alexis.
More James Van Der Beek News
- Pixar's Video Reveals Mind-Blowing Hidden Easter Eggs Throughout Their Movies
- Olivia Munn Reportedly Causes a Rift in Aaron Rodgers' Family
- Watch Fifth Harmony and Blake Shelton's Performances at 2017 People's Choice Awards
- Taryn Manning Is Not Leaving 'Orange Is the New Black', Despite Report
- Zayn Malik Shows Off New 'Love' Tattoo Amid Gigi Hadid Engagement Rumors
- Jennifer Lopez Spotted Cozying Up to Drake on Another Date
- Is Jared Leto Returning as Joker in New DC Movie?
- Listen to Big Sean's New Moody Track 'Halfway Off the Balcony'