James Van Der Beek Coming to 'One Tree Hill'
"Dawson's Creek" former cast James Van Der Beek lands himself a role in another teen drama series, "One Tree Hill". He will play a movie director who takes interest in making Lucas' book into a movie, according to some reports.
He will shoot his episode in Wilmington, North Carolina, the same location where he used to shoot for the episodes of "Creek". His episode will air sometime in November.
"The specter of Dawson's Creek is always around us," One Tree Hill executive producer Mark Schwahn said. "We're about to complete 128 episodes, which is what Dawson's did. So I thought it would be cool to get James."
It was previously reported that actor Austin Nichols would join the show to play the indie movie producer who expresses interest in turning Lucas' first novel into a film.
Last year Beek also had a cameo on "Ugly Betty" playing an owner of a fashion house who isn't impressed by transsexual Mode magazine editor Alexis.
- Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry Go Door to Door for Hillary Clinton at College Dorms
- Watch: Lady GaGa Performs 'Joanne' Songs on 'SNL'
- Tom Hanks Plays 'Black Jeopardy' as Donald Trump's Supporter on 'SNL'
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?