'Project Runway', and the Winner Is Leanne Marshall
For the first time in history, "Project Runway" season 5, ran all female finalists on its final judgment day, October 15. Leanne Marshall came as the winner, followed by Korto Momolu on the second place, and Kenley Collins on the third.
All the judges including "Runway" mentor, Tim Gunn who replaced Jennifer Lopez who suffered foot injury, agreed that the designer from Portland won the competition because of her modern, clean look, and sustainable fabrics design. But they also argued that Marshall's final collection which were shown at New York's Fashion Week had too many flaps or petals. As one of the judges, Michael Kors, warned, "You'll become known as Petals Marshall."
The runner-up Momolu was getting judges' compliments on her cohesive colorful look and wealthy details. But she came into the second place because of Heidi Klum's opinion which thought that there are some pieces overworked.
At the third spot, Collins, was doubted of her originality. She was being criticized by the judges who thought that Collins' brightly colored final design were already used by other designers. For the argument, Collins said, "No one likes to be called a copycat when they're a true artist. I think it's [expletive]." She also got juries' critic, concerning her bad attitude in taking juries' opinion.
- Gisele Bundchen Gets Shirtless Assistant Taking Care of Her Booty During Photo Shoot
- Beyonce Remembers Aaliyah 15 Years Later With Sweet Throwback Video
- Chris Evans' Steve Rogers Is No Longer Captain America in MCU, Russo Brothers Confirm
- 'Blade Runner 2' Set Collapses, Kills Construction Worker
- Scott Eastwood Makes Emotional Phone Call to Father of His Ex Who Died in Car Crash
- Snoop Dogg and Wiz Khalifa Sued by Victims of Collapsed Railing at Their Concert
- Homeland Security on the Hunt for Those Who Hacked Leslie Jones' Website
- Check Out Christina Grimmie's Third Posthumous Music Video for 'Deception'