New York City Premiere of 'Synecdoche, New York'
Bringing the movie back to the city where the movie takes its title, the Cinema Society and Mulberry has presented the New York City premiere of "Synecdoche, New York". Held on Wednesday, October 15, the special event took place at the Loews 19th Street Theatre, New York City.
Though missing the signature red carpet, the premiere still saw the attendance of many Hollywood stars, including those starring in the movie. Philip Seymour Hoffman, Michelle Williams, Hope Davis, Catherine Keener and Tom Noonan were the members of cast ensemble who made time to join director/producer/writer Charlie Kaufman on the special evening.
Beside the cast and crew, other celebrity guests included actresses, Heather Matarazzo, Erika Christensen, Rachel Dratch and Alexie Gilmore, mucisians Adam Duritz and Michael Stipe, "The Diving Bell and the Butterfly" director Julian Schnabel, and actor Stephen Rea.
"New York" is a drama film from Sony Pictures Classics that follows Caden Cotard, a theater director in Schenectady, New York, whose life seems to be dreary. Struggling with the women in his life and his mysterious condition which shuts down each of his autonomic functions, he buries himself in a new project, striving to create a theatrical masterpiece inside an enormous abandoned warehouse. The flick will hit limited theaters on October 24.
- Pressed About Gay Cover-Up Rumor, Here's How Will Smith Reacts
- Bryan Singer Confirms 'Legion' Will 'Relate' to Future 'X-Men' Movies
- Demi Lovato's Reportedly Dating UFC's Luke Rockhold
- Do You Ever Find Group Chat Annoying? Kerry Washington Perfectly Portrays It in Fake Movie Trailer
- Ellie Goulding Releases 'Still Falling for You' Video From 'Bridget Jones's Baby'
- So, This Is Apparently Why Jennifer Lopez Broke Up With Casper Smart
- Helen Mirren in Talks to Join New 'Nutcracker' Movie, Sarah Paulson Eying a Role in 'Ocean's Eight'
- Young Thug's 'No, My Name Is Jeffery' Album Cover Sparks Hilarious Memes