David Duchovny and Tea Leoni Confirm Separation
David Duchovny and Tea Leoni split, representatives for the couple confirmed Wednesday, October 15, saying both actors have been separated for some time after nearly 12 years of marriage. Reason behind their separation hasn't been disclosed though.
"In light of continuous speculation over the lives and marriage of Tea Leoni and David Duchovny, the couple has confirmed that they have in fact been separated for several months," Annett Wolf and Evelyn Karamanos, representatives for David and Tea, said in a joint statement. "The couple had hoped to keep this separation private for the sake of their children."
David and Tea, who have been married since May 1997, are parents to son Kyd Miller Duchovny and daughter Madelaine West Duchovny. The extent of their marriage has become the subject of media scrutiny after the actor publicly confirmed on August 28, 2008 that he had checked into rehab for sex addiction. In a statement he issued through his lawyer, he stated, "I have voluntarily entered a facility for the treatment of sex addiction. I ask for respect and privacy for my wife and children as we deal with this situation as a family."
Last Monday, October 6, a legal attorney for David confirmed he "has successfully completed his rehabilitation" and "will be starting a movie soon." The day before, October 5, he was spotted attending the Czech Festival in New York City with his actress wife Tea. They arrived hand-in-hand but didn't offer words for the press.
David, in the meantime, is expected to start working soon on a new movie titled "The Joneses."
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Nick Gets Surprise Visit From Ex Andi Dorfman After Hometown Dates
- Drake Gives a Birthday Shout Out to Rihanna During Concert
- She's 'Dying'! Cher Suffers From Mystery Illness
- Charlie Hunnam Is Facing His Destiny in 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword' Latest Epic Trailer
- Watch Lana Del Rey Fly to the Moon in 'Love' Music Video
- Wiz Khalifa and Amber Rose Are Batman and Batgirl at Son's 4th Birthday Bash
- Back Together? Ellie Goulding Attends London Fashion Week Parties With Ex Dougie Poynter
- 'Supergirl' 2.14 Preview: Kara and Alex's Father Is Back