David Duchovny and Tea Leoni Confirm Separation
David Duchovny and Tea Leoni split, representatives for the couple confirmed Wednesday, October 15, saying both actors have been separated for some time after nearly 12 years of marriage. Reason behind their separation hasn't been disclosed though.
"In light of continuous speculation over the lives and marriage of Tea Leoni and David Duchovny, the couple has confirmed that they have in fact been separated for several months," Annett Wolf and Evelyn Karamanos, representatives for David and Tea, said in a joint statement. "The couple had hoped to keep this separation private for the sake of their children."
David and Tea, who have been married since May 1997, are parents to son Kyd Miller Duchovny and daughter Madelaine West Duchovny. The extent of their marriage has become the subject of media scrutiny after the actor publicly confirmed on August 28, 2008 that he had checked into rehab for sex addiction. In a statement he issued through his lawyer, he stated, "I have voluntarily entered a facility for the treatment of sex addiction. I ask for respect and privacy for my wife and children as we deal with this situation as a family."
Last Monday, October 6, a legal attorney for David confirmed he "has successfully completed his rehabilitation" and "will be starting a movie soon." The day before, October 5, he was spotted attending the Czech Festival in New York City with his actress wife Tea. They arrived hand-in-hand but didn't offer words for the press.
David, in the meantime, is expected to start working soon on a new movie titled "The Joneses."
More David Duchovny News
- 'Bachelorette' Premiere Recap: JoJo Meets Her Suitors. Who Makes the Most Memorable Entrance?
- Ariana Grande Makes Out a Lot in 'Into You' Music Video
- New CG-Animated 'Garfield' in the Works as Franchise
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Flesh-Baring Outfit at Vogue 100 Festival in London
- Lil Wayne Blasts Cash Money Again Months After Reuniting With Birdman
- 'The Voice' Final Performances: Listen to the Top 4's Original Songs
- Justin Bieber Sings Taylor Swift's Song and Talks About Her First Love. Is He Mocking Her?
- Beyonce and Jay-Z's Long-Rumored Joint Album May Arrive Anytime Now