Kanye West's '808's and Heartbreak' Previewed at Naked Listening Party
On Tuesday night, October 14, Kanye West held a listening party, where nude women stood and posed in silhouette, for his upcoming fourth major studio album "808's & Heartbreak", which will come out on November 25. Inviting more that 700 selected guests, West signed Italian artist Vanessa Beecroft to create the live art show for the at-least-40 naked models.
While Beecroft's models slowly changed their positions against a wall of bright colored light on each song, West performed with electro "auto-tune" effect for his new songs, including "Love Lockdown" and "Heartless". One of the performed songs called "Coldest Winter" was revealed to be written in honor for his mother, Donda West, who died at age 58 last year following complications from cosmetic surgery.
"The irony for me, someone who has talked about so many labels - Louis Vuitton this, Benz that, this girl look good, I'm not going out with you if you don't look good - the irony, for me to lose the most important person to Hollywood," he shared his grief further. "And now it's time to deliver ideas in the most naked form possible."
Revealing that he liked the "idea of nudity because society told us to wear clothes at a certain point," the rapper added, "I've always been a fan of Vanessa's work and strong imagery." Among the guests at the party were celebrities Jay-Z, Rick Ross, Q-Tip, Jimmy Kimmel, and Mike Rapaport among others.
More Kanye West News
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns