Kanye West's '808's and Heartbreak' Previewed at Naked Listening Party
On Tuesday night, October 14, Kanye West held a listening party, where nude women stood and posed in silhouette, for his upcoming fourth major studio album "808's & Heartbreak", which will come out on November 25. Inviting more that 700 selected guests, West signed Italian artist Vanessa Beecroft to create the live art show for the at-least-40 naked models.
While Beecroft's models slowly changed their positions against a wall of bright colored light on each song, West performed with electro "auto-tune" effect for his new songs, including "Love Lockdown" and "Heartless". One of the performed songs called "Coldest Winter" was revealed to be written in honor for his mother, Donda West, who died at age 58 last year following complications from cosmetic surgery.
"The irony for me, someone who has talked about so many labels - Louis Vuitton this, Benz that, this girl look good, I'm not going out with you if you don't look good - the irony, for me to lose the most important person to Hollywood," he shared his grief further. "And now it's time to deliver ideas in the most naked form possible."
Revealing that he liked the "idea of nudity because society told us to wear clothes at a certain point," the rapper added, "I've always been a fan of Vanessa's work and strong imagery." Among the guests at the party were celebrities Jay-Z, Rick Ross, Q-Tip, Jimmy Kimmel, and Mike Rapaport among others.
More Kanye West News
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked