Bagging 5 Nominations, Alicia Keys Leads 2008 American Music Awards
On the announcement of 2008 American Music Awards, Alicia Keys has been revealed as an artist who leads the pack with five nods, including "Artist of the Year" competing with Lil Wayne, Chris Brown, Eagles, and Coldplay. Meanwhile, on "Favorite Female artist" category, Keys will face a stiff competition with Mariah Carey, and Rihanna.
Furthermore, on the October-14 press conference at the Beverly Hills Hotel, Jesse McCartney and Julianne Hough also unveil that Coldplay and Eagles both earn four nominations while Brown and Wayne follow with three nods. Complete list of the awards' nominees can be found on the press release. Winners from each category will be determined by online voting on the official voting page, starting from October 14 to November 7.
Hosted by Jimmy Kimmel, the annual show will be held on Sunday, November 23 during a ceremony held at Los Angeles' NOKIA Theatre and will be broadcast live on ABC at 8/7c. Jonas Brothers, Pink, Rihanna, Ne-Yo, Taylor Swift, The Pussycat Dolls, and New Kids on the Block are scheduled to perform at the 36th annual ceremony.
More Alicia Keys News
- First Official Look at Emma Watson and Dan Stevens in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Keegan Allen Tweets His Phone Number
- Armie Hammer Accidentally Reveals Sex of His Unborn Baby
- Kelly Osbourne Settles Lawsuit With Dad Ozzy's Mistress
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs