Bagging 5 Nominations, Alicia Keys Leads 2008 American Music Awards
On the announcement of 2008 American Music Awards, Alicia Keys has been revealed as an artist who leads the pack with five nods, including "Artist of the Year" competing with Lil Wayne, Chris Brown, Eagles, and Coldplay. Meanwhile, on "Favorite Female artist" category, Keys will face a stiff competition with Mariah Carey, and Rihanna.
Furthermore, on the October-14 press conference at the Beverly Hills Hotel, Jesse McCartney and Julianne Hough also unveil that Coldplay and Eagles both earn four nominations while Brown and Wayne follow with three nods. Complete list of the awards' nominees can be found on the press release. Winners from each category will be determined by online voting on the official voting page, starting from October 14 to November 7.
Hosted by Jimmy Kimmel, the annual show will be held on Sunday, November 23 during a ceremony held at Los Angeles' NOKIA Theatre and will be broadcast live on ABC at 8/7c. Jonas Brothers, Pink, Rihanna, Ne-Yo, Taylor Swift, The Pussycat Dolls, and New Kids on the Block are scheduled to perform at the 36th annual ceremony.
More Alicia Keys News
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed