Terrence Howard Out of 'Iron Man 2', Don Cheadle In
Though expressing his enthusiasm for "Iron Man" follow-up earlier, Terrence Howard apparently won't be making another appearance in "Iron Man 2". Giving an updated report on the casting news, The Hollywood Reporter claimed that the 39-year-old's part as Lt. Col James 'Rhodey' Rhodes, Tony Stark's best friend and future War Machine, will be taken over by his fellow "Crash" actor Don Cheadle.
Speculating further on Howard's exit from the sequel, the publication noted that the conflict between Howard and Marvel Studios may be grounded from the financial differences, especially with the previous financial problem with director Jon Favreau. It should be noted though that Marvel have yet to release any statement on this possible replacement of Howard with the "Hotel Rwanda" star.
Initially, most of "Iron Man" main actors, including Robert Downey Jr., Gwyneth Paltrow and Howard, are expected to reprise their roles in the sequel, and Favreau has often hinted that Howard's character will play significant part in the sequel as War Machine. Despite the replacement rumor, "Iron Man 2" will still be penned by "Tropic Thunder" co-scribbler Justin Theroux and is scheduled to be released on May 7, 2010.
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image
- Jasmine Tookes to Rock Victoria's Secret New Fantasy Bra. See and Get Details of the $3M Lingerie!
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation