Terrence Howard Out of 'Iron Man 2', Don Cheadle In
Though expressing his enthusiasm for "Iron Man" follow-up earlier, Terrence Howard apparently won't be making another appearance in "Iron Man 2". Giving an updated report on the casting news, The Hollywood Reporter claimed that the 39-year-old's part as Lt. Col James 'Rhodey' Rhodes, Tony Stark's best friend and future War Machine, will be taken over by his fellow "Crash" actor Don Cheadle.
Speculating further on Howard's exit from the sequel, the publication noted that the conflict between Howard and Marvel Studios may be grounded from the financial differences, especially with the previous financial problem with director Jon Favreau. It should be noted though that Marvel have yet to release any statement on this possible replacement of Howard with the "Hotel Rwanda" star.
Initially, most of "Iron Man" main actors, including Robert Downey Jr., Gwyneth Paltrow and Howard, are expected to reprise their roles in the sequel, and Favreau has often hinted that Howard's character will play significant part in the sequel as War Machine. Despite the replacement rumor, "Iron Man 2" will still be penned by "Tropic Thunder" co-scribbler Justin Theroux and is scheduled to be released on May 7, 2010.
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?
- Donald Glover Addresses Lando Casting Rumor in Han Solo Movie