Marriage Break-Up Inspires Kenny Chesney to Write New Songs
Kenny Chesney pens new singles about his failed marriage with Renee Zellweger. Revealing that he had been working on his upcoming album since 2005, just weeks after his divorce, he says, "It's no secret ... there are about four or five songs that are about Renee."
"I was probably as emotionally and mentally exhausted as I'd ever been. And that was due to a lot of things ... having the foot on the gas pedal constantly, and my breakup with Renee Zellweger," he explains about the writing process of his new songs. "It's the truth. It's my life. I've been in a lot of states of mind in the last three years...I've let myself be more emotionally vulnerable in some of the lyrics. I think that was good therapy."
When asked about how his ex-wife may react to the songs, Chesney states that he has "no idea." In a further statement, he says, "I don't know. It's unpredictable...I don't want to say this whole record is about her. It was, however, motivated by her, or at the very least, the loss of her in his life."
Chesney's upcoming twelfth major studio album is called "Lucky Old Sun". Teaming up with Buddy Cannon in the album's production process, the country music artist will release two-disc deluxe version of the album on November 14 and single-disc version of the effort on October 21.
On the day his double-disc album comes out, Chesney will make a live performance at Times Square on "Good Morning America". At the show, the star will sing two songs, including his latest hit, "Everybody Wants to Go to Heaven." To continue promoting the album, Chesney will perform on "The Tonight Show With Jay Leno on October 15, as well as appear on "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" on October 17.
More Kenny Chesney News
- Amber Rose Says Julianne Hough Body Shamed Her With Her 'DWTS' Comment
- 'Wonder Woman' Writer Confirms Diana Prince Is 'Obviously' Bisexual
- Tyga May Have His Mom's Car Repossessed
- Get First Look at 'Outlander' Season 3
- Benedict Cumberbatch May Confirm Doctor Strange's Appearance in 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Donald Trump Once Body-Shamed Kim Kardashian Too. This Is What He Said About Her
- Lena Dunham and Allison Williams Tearfully Say Goodbye to 'Girls' as Filming Wraps
- These Photos of Jim Carrey and Late Ex Suggest Her Marriage to Estranged Husband Was Fake