Marriage Break-Up Inspires Kenny Chesney to Write New Songs
Kenny Chesney pens new singles about his failed marriage with Renee Zellweger. Revealing that he had been working on his upcoming album since 2005, just weeks after his divorce, he says, "It's no secret ... there are about four or five songs that are about Renee."
"I was probably as emotionally and mentally exhausted as I'd ever been. And that was due to a lot of things ... having the foot on the gas pedal constantly, and my breakup with Renee Zellweger," he explains about the writing process of his new songs. "It's the truth. It's my life. I've been in a lot of states of mind in the last three years...I've let myself be more emotionally vulnerable in some of the lyrics. I think that was good therapy."
When asked about how his ex-wife may react to the songs, Chesney states that he has "no idea." In a further statement, he says, "I don't know. It's unpredictable...I don't want to say this whole record is about her. It was, however, motivated by her, or at the very least, the loss of her in his life."
Chesney's upcoming twelfth major studio album is called "Lucky Old Sun". Teaming up with Buddy Cannon in the album's production process, the country music artist will release two-disc deluxe version of the album on November 14 and single-disc version of the effort on October 21.
On the day his double-disc album comes out, Chesney will make a live performance at Times Square on "Good Morning America". At the show, the star will sing two songs, including his latest hit, "Everybody Wants to Go to Heaven." To continue promoting the album, Chesney will perform on "The Tonight Show With Jay Leno on October 15, as well as appear on "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" on October 17.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences