Star-Studded Extravaganza for 'Filth and Wisdom' New York Premiere
In anticipation of the theatrical release of Madonna's directorial debut, "Filth and Wisdom" has been brought to New York City to celebrate its premiere. Hosted by The Cinema Society and Dolce and Gabbana, the comedy drama held a star-studded special screening event at the Sunshine Cinema on Monday, October 13, in New York City.
Hitting the red carpet solo without her director husband Guy Ritchie, Madonna came in wearing a conservative black dress completed with a pair of black stilettos. Of her movie, the legendary pop singer who is circling the globe for her Sticky & Sweet tour shared, "I'm so happy with the finished product. Writing it was actually my favorite part because it is so different from everything I do and deep down inside I'm really a writer."
Aside from Madonna, the event was marked with the attendance of many top Hollywood A-listers. America Ferrera, Chace Crawford, Lindsay Lohan, Jessica Alba, Erika Christensen, Alan Cumming, Brooke Shields, Juliette Lewis, Vanessa Williams, Naomi Watts and Liev Schreiber are only a few of the celebrity guests drawn in by the event.
Intended to be a short film, "Wisdom" is a comedic intertwined drama resolving around three distinctive characters, "a man who spanks for money, a chemist and a pole dancer". The film starred by Eugene Hutz, Holly Weston and Vicky McClure is expected to be released in limited theaters on October 17.
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are Reportedly Trying for Twins
- Kim Kardashian Is Jealous of Kourtney's Banging Bikini Body
- From Jail to Cannes! 'Hot Felon' Jeremy Meeks Partying With Nicki Minaj at amfAR Gala
- Your Favorite 'Game of Thrones' Stars Will Get More Screen Time in Season 7
- Kylie Jenner Reportedly Pregnant With Travis Scott's Baby
- Leonardo DiCaprio Mingles With Bella Hadid in Cannes, Sparks Romance Rumors
- See Ben Affleck Hilariously Imitating Christian Bale's Batman for Red Nose Day
- Zayn Malik Regrets His 'Fifty Shades' Duet With Taylor Swift