Star-Studded Extravaganza for 'Filth and Wisdom' New York Premiere
In anticipation of the theatrical release of Madonna's directorial debut, "Filth and Wisdom" has been brought to New York City to celebrate its premiere. Hosted by The Cinema Society and Dolce and Gabbana, the comedy drama held a star-studded special screening event at the Sunshine Cinema on Monday, October 13, in New York City.
Hitting the red carpet solo without her director husband Guy Ritchie, Madonna came in wearing a conservative black dress completed with a pair of black stilettos. Of her movie, the legendary pop singer who is circling the globe for her Sticky & Sweet tour shared, "I'm so happy with the finished product. Writing it was actually my favorite part because it is so different from everything I do and deep down inside I'm really a writer."
Aside from Madonna, the event was marked with the attendance of many top Hollywood A-listers. America Ferrera, Chace Crawford, Lindsay Lohan, Jessica Alba, Erika Christensen, Alan Cumming, Brooke Shields, Juliette Lewis, Vanessa Williams, Naomi Watts and Liev Schreiber are only a few of the celebrity guests drawn in by the event.
Intended to be a short film, "Wisdom" is a comedic intertwined drama resolving around three distinctive characters, "a man who spanks for money, a chemist and a pole dancer". The film starred by Eugene Hutz, Holly Weston and Vicky McClure is expected to be released in limited theaters on October 17.
- Kylie Jenner Calls Tyga Her 'Husband' on Snapchat
- Lindsay Lohan Writing Tell-All Book About Her Life
- 'Wreck-It Ralph 2' Gets 2018 Release Date, Hints at Internet Setting
- Rihanna Is Queen of the Universe in 'Sledgehammer' Music Video
- Lady GaGa Responds to Dalai Lama Controversy
- Idris Elba, Michael B. Jordan, John Boyega Join Academy After OscarsSoWhite Backlash
- Louis Tomlinson Files for Joint Custody of His Son With Briana Jungwirth
- Iggy Azalea Addresses Nick Young Baby Rumor, Reveals She Caught Him Cheating on Camera