Zac Efron Debunks Reports He's Getting Naked for 'Equus'
Zac Efron is putting to rest the circulating reports that claimed he's been approached to replace Daniel Radcliffe as Alan Strang in the Broadway play "Equus." "No," he insisted. "I think it's a great role but I was not approached."
The Sun broke the report Friday, October 10 that Efron hinted during the London premiere of "High School Musical 3: Senior Year" he has been asked to take away the controversial role from Radcliffe. "You know that Daniel Radcliffe role on Broadway, well it's been mentioned," the tabloid quoted him as saying.
Contrary to the report, Efron claimed at a press conference for "HSM 3" Sunday, October 12, he is sticking to big screen movies and in the meantime is working his way to give hands at genres other than musical. "I think it's important to always diversify, change it up and play different characters," he explained. "I think doing musicals all the time would get stale."
Already completing the filming of drama-romance "Me and Orson Welles," Zac has been expected to make a starring role in the planned musical movie "Footloose," a remake of the 1984 movie of the same title. He's been considered by "HSM" director Kenny Ortega to play its main character Ren McCormack, which was made famous by Kevin Bacon.
Having a hectic acting schedule, Efron is pursuing higher education, telling Access Hollywood's Shaun Robinson in an interview that he "was accepted to [the USC] film program" but "deferred". He said he would eventually enroll for the program at the institution, "but not at this moment."
More Zac Efron News
- Kim Ji Won Reveals She's Jealous of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo
- Kris Jenner Is Planning to Send Rob Kardashian to Psych Ward
- Miley Cyrus and Jennifer Hudson Are Feuding on 'The Voice'
- Blac Chyna Parties With Lamar Odom and Tyga
- Girls' Generation's Yuri Injures Her Leg During SM Town Show
- Ten Times Chrissy Teigen Trolls Donald Trump on Twitter
- Yolanda Hadid Who? David Foster Enjoys Romantic Italy Getaway With Elizabeth Hurley
- 'The Star' First Teaser Trailer Tells the Story of Christmas From Different Perspective