Rapper M.I.A. Announces First Pregnancy
Ending speculation of her supposed retirement from music industry with a performance at the Diesel xXx Rock + Roll Circus in Brooklyn Saturday night, October 11, M.I.A. set tongue wagging when she obviously sported a huge baby bump and confirmed to Pitchfork Media earlier in the evening that she's pregnant with her first child. "I'm creating a baby," so she told Pitchfork's Jessica Suarez in an interview prior to her performance at the event.
"When I found out I was pregnant and 'Paper Planes' was in the iTunes top 10 it seemed like the whole world was reshuffled in one week, and all my plans went out the window. And that's the lesson ... you can't make plans, and you can't say shit," the singer continued saying. However, M.I.A. didn't disclose on the baby's sex and her due date.
Revealing more about her pregnancy, the singing sensation admitted during the interview, "I got engaged first, then I got pregnant, kids. I have to do the rounds-- go see my family and show them the belly." The baby will be the first child for M.I.A. and her fiance Ben Brewer, lead singer of band The Exit.
M.I.A. is currently hard at work on the follow-up to her album "Kala" (2007). Her interview with Pitchfork's Jessica Suarez will be featured on the official website of Pitchfork.tv Wednesday, October 15.
M.I.A. was first rumored to be pregnant when she canceled summer tour. Despite the mounting rumors, she didn't issue any single statement of that matter.
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture