John McCain Reschedules His Appearance on 'Late Show with David Letterman'
John McCain has rescheduled his appointment to appear on "Late Show with David Letterman". As reported on October 12, McCain will get an opportunity to repair his relationship with David Letterman by keeping his promise to appear in the talk show TV series on Thursday, October 16, the day after the final presidential debate with Democratic rival Barack Obama takes place at Hofstra University in Long Island.
Regarding McCain's 'comeback', Letterman only says, "In an attempt to save his campaign, they're talking about coming back. So we said, sure, we'd love you to come back ... but they're being squirrely. Politicians can be squirrely. ... I just don't know if we can trust him."
The presidential nominee of the Republican Party had suddenly canceled his September 24 appearance on Letterman's CBS show. Letterman believed that the senator was on a plane to Washington, D.C. for financial system bailout talks on Capitol Hill, but in fact, he was still staying in New York to get makeup applied to his face before an interview with CBS News anchor Katie Couric.
Letterman mocked him on the show on that day by saying, "Now, he doesn't seem to be racing back to the airport, does he?" He added, "It's like we caught him getting a manicure."
Despite the situation, the Arizona senior senator has been on Letterman's show for a few times. On February 28, 2007, McCain announced his candidacy for the presidency on the show.
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3