George Michael Reportedly Dropped as Brit Awards' Nominee
George Michael has been axed from next year's Brit Awards, as reported by Mirror. "George was frontrunner to get the lifetime achievement award. But Brits bosses felt it would be better not to be associated with him for the time being since the Brits is a shop window for our music," a source from the music industry says.
In a further statement, the source explains that the two-time Grammy Awards winning musician was scrapped as the candidate of "Outstanding Contribution to Music" category after he had been arrested in Hampstead Heath area of north London with crack cocaine in September. Bosses from the prestigious event are said to be searching for another candidate to be honored.
Previously, the 45-year-old singer revealed his regret referring to the scandal. "I want to apologize to my fans for screwing up again and to promise them I'll sort myself out. And to say sorry to everybody else, just for boring them," he stated. However, Michael's camp as well as spokesperson from the awards haven't given any statement yet concerning his rumored dropping.
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics