George Michael Reportedly Dropped as Brit Awards' Nominee
George Michael has been axed from next year's Brit Awards, as reported by Mirror. "George was frontrunner to get the lifetime achievement award. But Brits bosses felt it would be better not to be associated with him for the time being since the Brits is a shop window for our music," a source from the music industry says.
In a further statement, the source explains that the two-time Grammy Awards winning musician was scrapped as the candidate of "Outstanding Contribution to Music" category after he had been arrested in Hampstead Heath area of north London with crack cocaine in September. Bosses from the prestigious event are said to be searching for another candidate to be honored.
Previously, the 45-year-old singer revealed his regret referring to the scandal. "I want to apologize to my fans for screwing up again and to promise them I'll sort myself out. And to say sorry to everybody else, just for boring them," he stated. However, Michael's camp as well as spokesperson from the awards haven't given any statement yet concerning his rumored dropping.
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.14 Preview: An Ambush
- Angelina Jolie's Ambition to Become a Head of the UN Might Cause Split From Brad Pitt
- Taylor Swift Debuts New Haircut, Parties With Gwyneth Paltrow, Mick Jagger at Liberty Ross' Birthday
- Watch Performances From Rihanna, Demi Lovato, Chris Martin and More at Global Citizen Festival 2016
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.02 Preview Promises Revelation of the Saviors' Secret
- Did Faith Evans Just Expose Her Vagina in Front of the Crowd? See the Evidence!
- 'Magnificent Seven' Debuts Strong on Domestic Box Office, 'Bridget Jones's Baby' Tops Overseas
- Josh Brolin Ties the Knot With Longtime Girlfriend Kathryn Boyd. See the Photos