George Michael Reportedly Dropped as Brit Awards' Nominee
George Michael has been axed from next year's Brit Awards, as reported by Mirror. "George was frontrunner to get the lifetime achievement award. But Brits bosses felt it would be better not to be associated with him for the time being since the Brits is a shop window for our music," a source from the music industry says.
In a further statement, the source explains that the two-time Grammy Awards winning musician was scrapped as the candidate of "Outstanding Contribution to Music" category after he had been arrested in Hampstead Heath area of north London with crack cocaine in September. Bosses from the prestigious event are said to be searching for another candidate to be honored.
Previously, the 45-year-old singer revealed his regret referring to the scandal. "I want to apologize to my fans for screwing up again and to promise them I'll sort myself out. And to say sorry to everybody else, just for boring them," he stated. However, Michael's camp as well as spokesperson from the awards haven't given any statement yet concerning his rumored dropping.
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special
- Zendaya Calls Out 'Pervs' Who Say She's Masturbating on Her Wonderland Cover
- Rihanna Flashes Nipples in See-Through Dress and Later Steps Out in Green Tutu Dress
- The Rock's New Action Flick 'Skyscraper' Acquired by Legendary
- Lindsay Lohan and Beau Egor Tarabasov Get Cozy During Movie Date in London
- Calvin Harris Cancels More Las Vegas Shows After Car Accident
- Jake Gyllenhaal Helps Amy Schumer Spoof 'Catfish' and the Victim Becomes Obscure