George Michael Reportedly Dropped as Brit Awards' Nominee
George Michael has been axed from next year's Brit Awards, as reported by Mirror. "George was frontrunner to get the lifetime achievement award. But Brits bosses felt it would be better not to be associated with him for the time being since the Brits is a shop window for our music," a source from the music industry says.
In a further statement, the source explains that the two-time Grammy Awards winning musician was scrapped as the candidate of "Outstanding Contribution to Music" category after he had been arrested in Hampstead Heath area of north London with crack cocaine in September. Bosses from the prestigious event are said to be searching for another candidate to be honored.
Previously, the 45-year-old singer revealed his regret referring to the scandal. "I want to apologize to my fans for screwing up again and to promise them I'll sort myself out. And to say sorry to everybody else, just for boring them," he stated. However, Michael's camp as well as spokesperson from the awards haven't given any statement yet concerning his rumored dropping.
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed