George Michael Reportedly Dropped as Brit Awards' Nominee
George Michael has been axed from next year's Brit Awards, as reported by Mirror. "George was frontrunner to get the lifetime achievement award. But Brits bosses felt it would be better not to be associated with him for the time being since the Brits is a shop window for our music," a source from the music industry says.
In a further statement, the source explains that the two-time Grammy Awards winning musician was scrapped as the candidate of "Outstanding Contribution to Music" category after he had been arrested in Hampstead Heath area of north London with crack cocaine in September. Bosses from the prestigious event are said to be searching for another candidate to be honored.
Previously, the 45-year-old singer revealed his regret referring to the scandal. "I want to apologize to my fans for screwing up again and to promise them I'll sort myself out. And to say sorry to everybody else, just for boring them," he stated. However, Michael's camp as well as spokesperson from the awards haven't given any statement yet concerning his rumored dropping.
More George Michael News
- Fragile Yoko Ono Is Hoping to See John Lennon in Heaven
- Beyhive Is on the Hunt for Beyonce's Secret Snapchat Account
- Lionel Richie Puts 'All the Hits Tour' on Hold Due to Knee Surgery
- Did Justin Bieber Just Hint That He's Dating Someone on Twitter?
- Perrie Edwards Sparks Pregnancy Speculation With Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
- Cress Williams to Lead The CW's DC Superhero Series 'Black Lightning'
- Joe Carnahan Rumored to Direct 'X-Force', Ryan Reynolds to Co-Write the Movie
- Did Nicki Minaj Just Diss Lil' Kim in Gucci Mane Collaboration 'Make Love'?