Again, Janet Jackson Cancels Concert Due to Continued Illness
Despite an announcement from her tour promoter Live Nation saying that Janet Jackson will continue to hit the road for her "Rock Witchu" tour, the 42-year-old singer has once again canceled another date from her scheduled roadshow. "Janet Jackson's anticipated return to her 'Rock Witchu' tour tomorrow (10/11) in Uncasville, CT, has been postponed due to doctor's orders," an announcement posted on her fan site page reveals.
"Tickets will be honored for the rescheduled date," the term of ticket refund is explained further on the statement. "An announcement will be made soon regarding a rescheduled date for this show and previously postponed shows."
The just-called-off gig was supposed to be held at Uncasville's Mohegan Sun in Connecticut on October 11. There is no word yet on whether her October-13 show at Syracuse's Turning Stone Resort & Casino in New York will also be postponed.
Previously, Live Nation confirmed that the entertainer, whose real name is Janet Damita Jo Jackson, would resume her "Rock Witchu" tour this weekend. "Janet, who has been under her doctor's care and recuperating over the last week, is excited about getting back on the road and again being able to share with her fans what she feels is one of her best stage shows ever," the publicist for the tour promoter stated.
More Janet Jackson News
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 6 Finale Recap: Does It Confirm Fan Theory About Jon's True Parentage?
- BET Awards 2016: Bryson Tiller and Drake Win More
- Jennifer Hudson Dresses as Prince in White Hooded Dress at 2016 BET Awards
- BET Awards 2016: Erykah Badu, Tori Kelly and Jennifer Hudson Team Up for Prince Tribute
- Demi Lovato Opens Up About Addictions and Eating Disorder, Says She 'Was Going to Die Young'
- BET Awards 2016: Drake and Future Among First Winners
- BET Awards 2016: See Alicia Keys, Janelle Monae, Karrueche Tran's Showstopping Styles on Red Carpet
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Gets Striptease From Mariah Carey's Dancer on Vegas Stage