Video Premiere: Robyn's 'Cobrastyle'
A music video in an attempt to promote Robyn's dance/electropop single "Cobrastyle" has been released. The video mostly shows the singer captured in all-white scenes, singing the tune with a band backing her up and two men painting abstract graffiti on the wall behind the crew. At some points, the Swedish singer is poured with various paints and colored powders, making her face and hair no longer white.
"Cobrastyle" is a song performed by Swedish band Teddybears featuring Mad Cobra from their 2004 album "Fresh". The track was then covered by Robyn on the international edition of her 2005 self-titled album and is also featured on her 2006 mini album "The Rakamonie". Robyn's version of the song peaked at number 26 on Billboard Hot Dance Club Play chart since it was released in 2005.
In related news, Robyn reveals that she has been banned from talking to Madonna, "We were told not to approach Madonna, not to speak to Madonna and, above all, no pictures. I hadn't expected any glamour, but it's strange that they assume that the first thing you're gonna do is run after Madonna and ask for an autograph," she says. "My worst nightmare would be to turn into Madonna. Madonna is constantly chasing the latest trends."
Robyn's "Cobrastyle" music video:
- Baby Before Marriage? Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton Reportedly Expecting Their First Child
- 'DWTS' Pair Sharna Burgess and Bonner Bolton Fuel Dating Rumors With Flirty Night Out
- Kevin Hart Creates Dimwitted Superhero in First Trailer for 'Captain Underpants'
- Drake Getting Sade's Face Tattooed on His Rib Amid Dating Rumors
- Wiz Khalifa and Juicy J's New Music Video for 'Cell Ready' Is Smoking Hot
- Inside Celine Dion's Diva Behavior on 'The Voice': 'She Was Extremely Entitled'
- Miley Cryrus and Liam Hemsworth Build Playground at Malibu House - Is Baby on the Way?
- 'Spider-Man' Spin-Off About Black Cat and Silver Sable Is in Development