'The Avengers' Baddie Should Be Hulk, 'Iron Man' Writers Hope
The possibility of Hulk being the villain in "The Avengers" has been hyphened up once more. In support of Louis Leterrier's proposed idea back in June, "Iron Man" scribblers, Mark Fergus and Hawk Ostby, also pointed out that everything has been built toward making the green raging beast one misunderstood baddie.
Explaining his reason on picking Hulk as the villain, Fergus said, "I hope 'The Avengers' embraces that. You don't want like 10 super-badass good guys fighting together. Where's the fun in that?" He then suggested, "Let's break it off a little. Friends or colleagues who become enemies is always an interesting thing because you know it's based on love and friendship and that's always the worst thing to have turn bad - is someone you actually care about and someone you actually believe in."
While stressing more on the excitement to be achieved when good guys collide with each other, Fergus shared out what he thinks of the twist. "I personally like when good-guy characters have to fight each other," he claimed. "Good guys going against good guys who both believe in an issue is way more interesting than a villain clearly into evil and I like when former friends become committed enemies."
Earlier, "The Incredible Hulk" helmer, Leterrier, had expressed his interest in seeing Hulk as the bad guy. He also explained that he has opened up a chance for "Avengers" director to do so with the mysterious smirk on Bruce Banner's face in the end of "Incredible Hulk". About the smirk, he raised up questions, "Is he enjoying it? Is he malicious? That's what's great about Edward [Norton]. You don't know if he's a good guy or bad guy."
To be penned by "Incredible Hulk" writer Zak Penn, "Avengers" has been pushed back from its initial July 1, 2011 release to July 15, 2011. Rumor has it "Desperate Housewives" actress Eva Longoria may be considered for the role of The Wasp. The flick itself centers on the team of Earth's mightiest heroes which is formed to fight the foes no single hero could withstand.
- Macklemore Fighting His Demons in 'Drug Dealer' Music Video
- Gerard Butler Set to Return as Mike Banning in 'Angel Has Fallen'
- Bruno Mars Describes Adele as Diva: 'She's Got All This Attitude'
- Kim Kardashian Filming 'Keeping Up with the Kardashians' Backstage at Kanye West's Concert
- Katy Perry Celebrates 32nd Birthday by Voting for Hillary Clinton and Hitting Kanye West's Concert
- 'Knight Rider' Gets Reboot From Producer Justin Lin
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes
- Benedict Cumberbatch Channels Doctor Strange to Diagnose the Avengers in New Promo Clip