'The Avengers' Baddie Should Be Hulk, 'Iron Man' Writers Hope
The possibility of Hulk being the villain in "The Avengers" has been hyphened up once more. In support of Louis Leterrier's proposed idea back in June, "Iron Man" scribblers, Mark Fergus and Hawk Ostby, also pointed out that everything has been built toward making the green raging beast one misunderstood baddie.
Explaining his reason on picking Hulk as the villain, Fergus said, "I hope 'The Avengers' embraces that. You don't want like 10 super-badass good guys fighting together. Where's the fun in that?" He then suggested, "Let's break it off a little. Friends or colleagues who become enemies is always an interesting thing because you know it's based on love and friendship and that's always the worst thing to have turn bad - is someone you actually care about and someone you actually believe in."
While stressing more on the excitement to be achieved when good guys collide with each other, Fergus shared out what he thinks of the twist. "I personally like when good-guy characters have to fight each other," he claimed. "Good guys going against good guys who both believe in an issue is way more interesting than a villain clearly into evil and I like when former friends become committed enemies."
Earlier, "The Incredible Hulk" helmer, Leterrier, had expressed his interest in seeing Hulk as the bad guy. He also explained that he has opened up a chance for "Avengers" director to do so with the mysterious smirk on Bruce Banner's face in the end of "Incredible Hulk". About the smirk, he raised up questions, "Is he enjoying it? Is he malicious? That's what's great about Edward [Norton]. You don't know if he's a good guy or bad guy."
To be penned by "Incredible Hulk" writer Zak Penn, "Avengers" has been pushed back from its initial July 1, 2011 release to July 15, 2011. Rumor has it "Desperate Housewives" actress Eva Longoria may be considered for the role of The Wasp. The flick itself centers on the team of Earth's mightiest heroes which is formed to fight the foes no single hero could withstand.
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March