Travis Barker to Pen Songs About His Deadly Accident
Blink-182's dummer, Travis Barker, will share his thoughts about September's plane crash that has killed his best friends in a new album. "I can't wait to work on my records. I lost one of my best friends in this crash. I can't wait to get back to writing and expressing myself, get back into the swing of things. I have so much stuff just jumbled in my head right now. I can't wait," he says.
The deadly crash, which inspires the musician to write songs, killed four of its six passengers, pilot Sarah Lemmon, co-pilot James Bland, Barker' assistant Chris Baker, and security guard Charles Still, making him and DJ AM the only survivors. The night before the incident, Barker had performed at a free T-Mobile-sponsored show in the Five Points area with former Jane's Addiction singer Perry Farrell, Gavin DeGraw, and DJ AM.
Recent report says that he has been released from hospital since September 29 and is expected to fully recover from second and third degree burns on his lower body and torso within a year. Speaking of his experience, Barker states, "I hate planes. My biggest fear ever is to be involved in a plane crash, so when that happened ... well, I'm just thankful to be alive! I'm just grateful to be here at all."
- Khloe Kardashian Divorces Lamar Odom to Find New Husband and Have Kids
- Amy Schumer Mocks Selena Gomez and 'Relatable' Stars in Hilarious Skit. Watch Selena's Response
- 'Fast 8' Cast Goofing Around During First Day on Set
- Taylor Lautner Laughs So Hard at His Naked 'Twilight' Fan Art
- Nick Jonas Reveals He Doesn't Talk to Exes Olivia Culpo and Miley Cyrus Anymore
- Trailer of James Franco's Twisted 'Mother, May I Sleep with Danger?' Remake Is Here!
- 'Glee' Alum Mark Salling Indicted on Child Pornography Charges
- Check Out New 'Star Trek Beyond' Photos