Travis Barker to Pen Songs About His Deadly Accident
Blink-182's dummer, Travis Barker, will share his thoughts about September's plane crash that has killed his best friends in a new album. "I can't wait to work on my records. I lost one of my best friends in this crash. I can't wait to get back to writing and expressing myself, get back into the swing of things. I have so much stuff just jumbled in my head right now. I can't wait," he says.
The deadly crash, which inspires the musician to write songs, killed four of its six passengers, pilot Sarah Lemmon, co-pilot James Bland, Barker' assistant Chris Baker, and security guard Charles Still, making him and DJ AM the only survivors. The night before the incident, Barker had performed at a free T-Mobile-sponsored show in the Five Points area with former Jane's Addiction singer Perry Farrell, Gavin DeGraw, and DJ AM.
Recent report says that he has been released from hospital since September 29 and is expected to fully recover from second and third degree burns on his lower body and torso within a year. Speaking of his experience, Barker states, "I hate planes. My biggest fear ever is to be involved in a plane crash, so when that happened ... well, I'm just thankful to be alive! I'm just grateful to be here at all."
- Tyga Spotted Shopping With Scott Disick Amidst Claims Rapper Is Bisexual
- Charo Threatens to Quit 'DWTS' Amid Complaints of Unfair Scores
- The Weeknd and Selena Gomez Plan 'Summer Wedding' in Europe
- Taylor Swift Is Taking a Break From Social Media After Struggling With Instagram Bullies
- Watch: John Legend Surprises London Commuters With Mini-Concert at Train Station
- 'Santa Clarita Diet' Scores Second Season Renewal on Netflix
- Rob Kardashian Hints at Wanting More Kids as He's Gearing Up for Baby Dream's First Birthday
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Are Still Dating, Despite Breakup Reports