Ralph Fiennes Addresses Voldemort's Issues in 'Harry Potter'
Having portrayed the villainous Lord Voldemort in two previous "Harry Potter" movies, Ralph Fiennes opened up about what he thinks of the pivotal character in the "Harry Potter" franchise. Talking to Variety, the 45-year-old confessed that he initially hesitated about the role, "I hesitated for a bit before committing to the role because it sort of requires you to personify evil, and I don't know how you do that."
The actor who has been seen as Voldemort in both "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire" and "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix" further analyzed the character as a rejected person, envying Harry for being loved. "I latched onto what was maybe crude psychology in working out Voldemort's obsession with Harry. Harry was loved by his parents, which Voldemort can't stand," he explained.
"He is, of course, a rejected person. It's quite basic: the rejected child who's emotionally been denied affection turns violent. You have to suggest there's more there, a life, a spirit, a mind. It isn't just a creepy voice and makeup. I always think you can find more in something. It's good to just keep asking questions until someone says cut."
Fiennes will be seen tackling the evil role for the third time in "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince". He is also expected to come back as Voldemort in the last two installments of "Harry Potter" films, "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I" and "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part II".
Coming out on July 17, 2009, "Half-Blood Prince" will present the fans of J.K. Rowling's novel adaptation with the dark past of Voldemort, revealing the time he spends on an orphanage before Dumbledore takes him to Hogwarts. The Warner Bros. feature film is directed by David Yates and stars Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint, Emma Watson, Helena Bonham Carter, Michael Gambon and many others.
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale Photos: Get First Look at Aria's Wedding Dress
- Is Khloe Kardashian Pregnant? Tristan Thompson Believes She Will Be the 'Best Mom'
- Insecure Kylie Jenner Thinks She's Ugly
- Beyonce Writes a Song About Her Newborn Twins, Plans to Release New Album Before Coachella 2018
- Gillian Anderson Goes Makeup-Free and Ditches Bra During Her Stay in Italy
- Kate Beckinsale Can't Keep Her Hands Off Toy Boy Matt Rife During Movie Date
- Kevin Feige Confirms Miles Morales Is Part of MCU
- Protective Boyfriend The Weeknd Tells Selena Gomez to Cover Up