Gillian Anderson Helps Narrate PETA's Undercover Video of Rabbit Slaughter
An active supporter of People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA), Gillian Anderson lends her voice to narrate the animal rights organization's undercover investigation video exposing the cruelty of rabbit slaughter in China and France, two countries from which top fashion designers, like Giorgio Armani just to name one, bought rabbit fur for their fashion line. The rabbit slaughter done in both countries uses quite different methods, but displays most likely the same animal cruelty.
In France, as featured in the video, rabbits are killed with electrical device, their necks are then slit before they are hung up side down. The animals are conscious during the slaughter. In China, there are 2000 rabbits killed each day. The furry animals are placed in tiny cages before being slaughtered. Workers at Chinese rabbit farm forcefully pull the animals out of cages by their ears and shoot them in the head with captive-bolt guns. The workers often shoot the screaming rabbits multiple times. Most of them can be seen twitching and shaking, with their eyes wide open, before they die.
The undercover investigation video of rabbit slaughter in China and France can be watched after this news.
Armani previously was quoted as promising not to use fur for his fashion design, saying "I spoke with the people from PETA, and they showed me some materials that convinced me not to use fur." Much contrary to his vows, he uses rabbit fur for babies and children's coats.
Taking aim at Armani, PETA Europe even released a picture of him with longer nose, depicting the one belongs to cartoon icon Pinocchio. The snap can be seen below.
- It's Official: Joy-Anna Duggar and Austin Forsyth Are Married - See Their Wedding Pic
- Scott Disick Caught Cozying Up to Another Woman After Spotted With Bella Thorne and Chloe Bartolli
- Bella Thorne Wants to Forget She Ever Met Scott Disick After He Ditched Her
- Kendall Jenner, Bella Hadid and More Recreate Iconic Supermodels Bathtub Photo
- Migos Pays Tribute to WWE Legend Scotty 2 Hotty on New Banger 'To Hotty'
- Get Sneak Peeks of 'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale in These Photos
- Report: Miranda Kerr and Snapchat CEO Evan Spiegel to Marry in Private Backyard Wedding This Weekend
- 'The 100' Promotes Tasya Teles to Regular, Floriana Lima Will Return as Recurring on 'Supergirl'