Gillian Anderson Helps Narrate PETA's Undercover Video of Rabbit Slaughter
An active supporter of People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA), Gillian Anderson lends her voice to narrate the animal rights organization's undercover investigation video exposing the cruelty of rabbit slaughter in China and France, two countries from which top fashion designers, like Giorgio Armani just to name one, bought rabbit fur for their fashion line. The rabbit slaughter done in both countries uses quite different methods, but displays most likely the same animal cruelty.
In France, as featured in the video, rabbits are killed with electrical device, their necks are then slit before they are hung up side down. The animals are conscious during the slaughter. In China, there are 2000 rabbits killed each day. The furry animals are placed in tiny cages before being slaughtered. Workers at Chinese rabbit farm forcefully pull the animals out of cages by their ears and shoot them in the head with captive-bolt guns. The workers often shoot the screaming rabbits multiple times. Most of them can be seen twitching and shaking, with their eyes wide open, before they die.
The undercover investigation video of rabbit slaughter in China and France can be watched after this news.
Armani previously was quoted as promising not to use fur for his fashion design, saying "I spoke with the people from PETA, and they showed me some materials that convinced me not to use fur." Much contrary to his vows, he uses rabbit fur for babies and children's coats.
Taking aim at Armani, PETA Europe even released a picture of him with longer nose, depicting the one belongs to cartoon icon Pinocchio. The snap can be seen below.
More Gillian Anderson News
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'