Dominic Monaghan and Freddy Rodriguez Facing Deadly 'Fortuna'
The questions about where Dominic Monaghan and Freddy Rodriguez will go after Monaghan stars in "Lord of the Rings" trilogy and Rodriguez stars in "Grindhouse" now have been answered. According to The Hollywood Reporter, they both have signed on to join the cast of horror thriller "Fortuna". Together with "Fortuna" writer/director/actor Barthelemy Grossmann, they have been set up as desperate men who play a dangerous game named 'Fortuna' which contestants presumably can't survive.
This movie is set in 2100 where 'Fortuna' engulfs the world. When economy has collapsed and climate has been in crisis, the world now consists only of a few people living in very wealthy condition and some group of people living in severe poverty. In order to give splash of hope and prevent the revolt, a few prosperous people create 'Fortuna', a mysterious game from which one in a thousands wins a big payday and joins the prosperous group of people. Their hidden goal is that the game can reduce the poverty by 30% over 50 years; however, it comes with deadly cost.
Laurent Zilber will be the producer and Scott Duncan will be the co-producer of this privately financed film. This movie will be shot only for six weeks and will start shooting on November 10 in Sofia, Bulgaria. The setting is built isolated and in ghetto-like style, similar to 1973's postapocalyptic thriller "Soylent Green".
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences