Dominic Monaghan and Freddy Rodriguez Facing Deadly 'Fortuna'
The questions about where Dominic Monaghan and Freddy Rodriguez will go after Monaghan stars in "Lord of the Rings" trilogy and Rodriguez stars in "Grindhouse" now have been answered. According to The Hollywood Reporter, they both have signed on to join the cast of horror thriller "Fortuna". Together with "Fortuna" writer/director/actor Barthelemy Grossmann, they have been set up as desperate men who play a dangerous game named 'Fortuna' which contestants presumably can't survive.
This movie is set in 2100 where 'Fortuna' engulfs the world. When economy has collapsed and climate has been in crisis, the world now consists only of a few people living in very wealthy condition and some group of people living in severe poverty. In order to give splash of hope and prevent the revolt, a few prosperous people create 'Fortuna', a mysterious game from which one in a thousands wins a big payday and joins the prosperous group of people. Their hidden goal is that the game can reduce the poverty by 30% over 50 years; however, it comes with deadly cost.
Laurent Zilber will be the producer and Scott Duncan will be the co-producer of this privately financed film. This movie will be shot only for six weeks and will start shooting on November 10 in Sofia, Bulgaria. The setting is built isolated and in ghetto-like style, similar to 1973's postapocalyptic thriller "Soylent Green".
- Cashmere Cat Releases New Single 'Trust Nobody' Ft. Selena Gomez
- Rob Kardashian Regrets Tweeting Kylie Jenner's Number: 'It Was Miscommunication'
- Kristen Stewart Spooked by Ghost in 'Personal Shopper' Trailer
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reach Temporary Custody Deal That Includes Family Counseling
- Fifth Harmony's Ally Brooke Falls After Ambushed by Fan on Stage
- Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds Welcome Their Second Child
- Producer Says Daniel Craig Is Still the 'First Choice' for Next James Bond Movie
- All One Directioners, Except Zayn Malik, Congratulate Niall Horan on His First Solo Single