Dominic Monaghan and Freddy Rodriguez Facing Deadly 'Fortuna'
The questions about where Dominic Monaghan and Freddy Rodriguez will go after Monaghan stars in "Lord of the Rings" trilogy and Rodriguez stars in "Grindhouse" now have been answered. According to The Hollywood Reporter, they both have signed on to join the cast of horror thriller "Fortuna". Together with "Fortuna" writer/director/actor Barthelemy Grossmann, they have been set up as desperate men who play a dangerous game named 'Fortuna' which contestants presumably can't survive.
This movie is set in 2100 where 'Fortuna' engulfs the world. When economy has collapsed and climate has been in crisis, the world now consists only of a few people living in very wealthy condition and some group of people living in severe poverty. In order to give splash of hope and prevent the revolt, a few prosperous people create 'Fortuna', a mysterious game from which one in a thousands wins a big payday and joins the prosperous group of people. Their hidden goal is that the game can reduce the poverty by 30% over 50 years; however, it comes with deadly cost.
Laurent Zilber will be the producer and Scott Duncan will be the co-producer of this privately financed film. This movie will be shot only for six weeks and will start shooting on November 10 in Sofia, Bulgaria. The setting is built isolated and in ghetto-like style, similar to 1973's postapocalyptic thriller "Soylent Green".
More Fortuna News
- Ja Rule Apologizes for Disastrous Fyre Festival, Insists 'It Was Not a Scam'
- 'Roseanne' Revival in the Works With Original Main Cast
- Aaron Rodgers Spotted on Date With 'Baywatch' Star Kelly Rohrbach After Olivia Munn Split
- Gwen Stefani Hospitalized Due to Ruptured Ear Drum
- Watch Music Video for Justin Bieber and DJ Khaled's New Collab 'I'm the One'
- Khloe Kardashian Hits Back at Hater Over Cuddly Pic With Scott Disick
- Angelina Jolie Throws Divorce Party
- 'Rob & Chyna' Filming Halted Because of Kris Jenner