Dominic Monaghan and Freddy Rodriguez Facing Deadly 'Fortuna'
The questions about where Dominic Monaghan and Freddy Rodriguez will go after Monaghan stars in "Lord of the Rings" trilogy and Rodriguez stars in "Grindhouse" now have been answered. According to The Hollywood Reporter, they both have signed on to join the cast of horror thriller "Fortuna". Together with "Fortuna" writer/director/actor Barthelemy Grossmann, they have been set up as desperate men who play a dangerous game named 'Fortuna' which contestants presumably can't survive.
This movie is set in 2100 where 'Fortuna' engulfs the world. When economy has collapsed and climate has been in crisis, the world now consists only of a few people living in very wealthy condition and some group of people living in severe poverty. In order to give splash of hope and prevent the revolt, a few prosperous people create 'Fortuna', a mysterious game from which one in a thousands wins a big payday and joins the prosperous group of people. Their hidden goal is that the game can reduce the poverty by 30% over 50 years; however, it comes with deadly cost.
Laurent Zilber will be the producer and Scott Duncan will be the co-producer of this privately financed film. This movie will be shot only for six weeks and will start shooting on November 10 in Sofia, Bulgaria. The setting is built isolated and in ghetto-like style, similar to 1973's postapocalyptic thriller "Soylent Green".
More Fortuna News
- George and Amal Clooney Reportedly Had a Fight at Cannes
- Johnny Depp Looks Dispirited While Leaving His Hotel in Frankfurt
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Tops Memorial Day Box Office, 'Alice Through the Looking Glass' Bombs
- Kristin Cavallari Will Not Watch 'The Hills' Re-Runs Because It's 'Brutal'
- Kirsten Storms Breaks Silence on Her Temporary 'General Hospital' Leave
- Jesse Eisenberg Confirms He Will Return for 'Justice League'
- Sam Mendes Confirms He Won't Direct the Next James Bond Movie
- Keira Knightley's Acting in 'Begin Again' Gets Criticized by Director