Lil Jon Inks New Deal With Universal Republic
Lil Jon is confirmed to sign a deal with Universal Republic to release his forthcoming solo debut album. According to the label, the new deal includes a label imprint, a recording agreement, and a digital presence.
"Lil Jon is a larger than life figure who casts a giant shadow over every facet of the entertainment business," Monte Lipman, President and CEO of Universal Republic Records, says commenting on the agreement. "His name is synonymous with brand-building and we want him plugged into multiple Universal Republic platforms for maximum results. I view him as our Urban Music Czar. Now, if he'd only send me a couple of cases of that wine."
In line with the label's excitement, the rapper is also thrilled "to find a new home in the Universal Republic." He says, "They've got a great team over there. A lot of big things comin' from me, get ready. I been workin' hard on my new material and it's time everybody hears it."
Previously, Jon decided to explore his music sound in his upcoming album by changing its old title "Crunk Rock" as a reflection of his new music direction. "It's totally given me a new energy, a new everything," he speaks of the decision. "When you have a lot of stress and negativity around you, when you cut that away, you cleanse...I'm starting over, basically." However, the new title is still under wrap.
More Lil Jon News
- Amber Rose Cozying Up to 'DWTS' Pro Val Chmerkovskiy at Her Birthday Party
- Fans Petition 'Deadpool 2' to Hire Quentin Tarantino After Tim Miller's Exit
- It's Not a Perfect Illusion. Lady GaGa Exposes Bare Crotch in Super Tiny Shorts
- Watch President Obama's Perfect Response to Donald Trump's Mean Tweet
- Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Are 'Getting Serious' as She Finalizes Divorce From Lamar Odom
- New 'John Wick: Chapter Two' Images Reveal Bruce Lee's 'Enter the Dragon'-Inspired Setting
- Kourtney Kardashian Channels Evil Queen in Halloween Costume
- Watch Dwayne Johnson Sing 'You're Welcome' in New 'Moana' Clip