Lil Jon Inks New Deal With Universal Republic
Lil Jon is confirmed to sign a deal with Universal Republic to release his forthcoming solo debut album. According to the label, the new deal includes a label imprint, a recording agreement, and a digital presence.
"Lil Jon is a larger than life figure who casts a giant shadow over every facet of the entertainment business," Monte Lipman, President and CEO of Universal Republic Records, says commenting on the agreement. "His name is synonymous with brand-building and we want him plugged into multiple Universal Republic platforms for maximum results. I view him as our Urban Music Czar. Now, if he'd only send me a couple of cases of that wine."
In line with the label's excitement, the rapper is also thrilled "to find a new home in the Universal Republic." He says, "They've got a great team over there. A lot of big things comin' from me, get ready. I been workin' hard on my new material and it's time everybody hears it."
Previously, Jon decided to explore his music sound in his upcoming album by changing its old title "Crunk Rock" as a reflection of his new music direction. "It's totally given me a new energy, a new everything," he speaks of the decision. "When you have a lot of stress and negativity around you, when you cut that away, you cleanse...I'm starting over, basically." However, the new title is still under wrap.
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 7 Debuts Chilling Motion Poster
- Orlando Bloom 'Apologizes' to Waitress Who Was Fired After Their 'Night of Incredible Sex'
- Meek Mill Celebrates Birthday on Private Jet in 'Glow Up' Music Video
- 'The Predator' and 'Alita: Battle Angel' Promo Posters Are Spotted at Licensing Expo
- Nicki Minaj Finally Responds to Nas Dating Rumors: We've Had Sleepovers
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Is Among Netflix's June 2017 Movie and TV Titles
- Bella Hadid Risks Wardrobe Malfunction in Sexy Black Gown With Sky-High Slit
- Suspect in Ariana Grande Concert Bombing Identified, His Brother Arrested by Police