ABC Family Picks Up '10 Things I Hate About You' for TV Series
The 1999 American romantic comedy film, "10 Things I Hate About You" is picked up by ABC Family to be produced into TV series along with the comedy "Ruby and the Rockits". The American cable television network has announced that it will make two half-hour pilots of the two series to join the ABC Family program. Filming in Los Angeles, both pilots will go into production this fall.
The movie's director of "10 Things", Gil Junger, will also shoot the pilot, which is written and executive produced by Carter Covington. The series will focus more on sisters Kate and Bianca Stratford in facing their new high school environment. "10 Things" is based on the Heath Ledger romantic comedy film which was also starred by Julia Stiles and Joseph Gordon-Levitt. The film itself was based on Shakespeare's "The Taming of the Shrew".
"Ruby" is a multi-camera comedy starring David Cassidy and "Spy Kids" star Alexa Vega as Ruby. Austin Butler will also appear as a co-star in the pilot. "Ruby" will be directed by Ted Wass and executive produced by Shaun Cassidy and Marsh McCall. It was written by former teen idol, Shaun Cassidy, and Ed Yeager.
The ABC's executive vice president, original series programming & development, Kate Juergens, stated, "We're excited about these pilots and feel they're perfect additions to our existing slate of programs." She added, "These shows are headed by talented teams who clearly possess authentic voices which we believe will resonate with our millennial viewers."
- Calvin Harris Takes a Dig at Taylor Swift in 'My Way' Video
- 'Rambo' Gets 'New Blood' Remake Without Sylvester Stallone
- Listen to Alessia Cara's 'Moana' Song 'How Far I'll Go'
- Jennifer Lawrence Nude Photo Hacker Sentenced to 18 Months in Jail
- Kid Cudi Reacts to Drake's Diss Track: 'Say It to My Face, P*ssy'
- First Look at New Xenomorphs in 'Alien: Covenant' Leaks
- Alec Baldwin Accused of Tax Evasion
- John Mayer Names His New Album 'The Search for Everything'