Hilary Duff's Gay Speech PSA, the Video
Hilary Duff is lending her celebrity status to star in a new public service announcement (PSA) to teach teens the importance of denouncing anti-gay speech. The PSA, created in partnership with The Gay, Lesbian and Straight Education Network (GLSEN), also stars fellow actress Wanda Sykes.
The 30-second ad campaign features the use of the term "that's so gay", which is meant to help teenagers recognize that their anti-LGBT language, a common reference to lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender/transsexual people, is harmful. The ad is done as part of ThinkB4YouSpeak, a new campaign from the GLSEN. In addition to the reported PSA, which video can be watched after this news, there are also some other PSAs featuring other celebrities that can be watched on ThinkB4YouSpeak.
More Hilary Duff News
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics