Hilary Duff's Gay Speech PSA, the Video
Hilary Duff is lending her celebrity status to star in a new public service announcement (PSA) to teach teens the importance of denouncing anti-gay speech. The PSA, created in partnership with The Gay, Lesbian and Straight Education Network (GLSEN), also stars fellow actress Wanda Sykes.
The 30-second ad campaign features the use of the term "that's so gay", which is meant to help teenagers recognize that their anti-LGBT language, a common reference to lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender/transsexual people, is harmful. The ad is done as part of ThinkB4YouSpeak, a new campaign from the GLSEN. In addition to the reported PSA, which video can be watched after this news, there are also some other PSAs featuring other celebrities that can be watched on ThinkB4YouSpeak.
More Hilary Duff News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival