Hilary Duff's Gay Speech PSA, the Video
Hilary Duff is lending her celebrity status to star in a new public service announcement (PSA) to teach teens the importance of denouncing anti-gay speech. The PSA, created in partnership with The Gay, Lesbian and Straight Education Network (GLSEN), also stars fellow actress Wanda Sykes.
The 30-second ad campaign features the use of the term "that's so gay", which is meant to help teenagers recognize that their anti-LGBT language, a common reference to lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender/transsexual people, is harmful. The ad is done as part of ThinkB4YouSpeak, a new campaign from the GLSEN. In addition to the reported PSA, which video can be watched after this news, there are also some other PSAs featuring other celebrities that can be watched on ThinkB4YouSpeak.
More Hilary Duff News
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show