Ryan Gosling Eyed for 'Green Lantern' Role
Ryan Gosling may shed his image as independent movie star as he is considered to portray the pivotal role in "Green Lantern". Latino Review has uncovered that the 27-year-old actor has become the first choice of Warner Bros. Pictures to tackle the part of Hal Jordan/Green Lantern.
Jordan is the second generation test pilot who becomes a superhero after receiving a power ring from Abin Sur. The character has been illustrated as someone who was "utterly honest and born without fear" since the dying Abin Sur specifically used his ring to seek out an individual with that kind of potential to take his place as Green Lantern.
Gosling is known for his works in "The Notebook", "Half Nelson", and "Lars and the Real Girl". His performance as Dan Dunne in "Nelson" has bring him an Academy Award nomination, while his Lars Lindstrom's portrayal in "Lars" gave him a Golden Globe nod. In 2009, he will be seen starring in Andrew Jarecki's thriller, "All Good Things".
Eyeing 2010 release, "Green Lantern" tells the story of a superhero whose job is to protect the space using a green energy-powered ring. It will be directed by Greg Berlanti with the possible start shooting date in early spring of 2009. The script for the flick is penned by Greg Berlanti, Marc Guggenheim and Michael Green.
- Iggy Azalea's Former Fiance Nick Young Welcomes Baby No. 2 With His Other Ex
- Felicity Jones Leads the Rebel Alliance in New 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' Pic
- Is Mariah Carey's 'Close Relationship' With a Male Dancer to Blame for James Packer Split?
- Charli XCX Releases 'After the Afterparty' Feat. Lil Yachty
- Calvin Harris Flirts With Halsey on Twitter
- Kanye West Plays Birthday Video for Kim and Gives Her Shout-Out During 'Saint Pablo' Show
- Get Your First Look at Tessa Thompson as Valkyrie on 'Thor: Ragnarok' Set
- Madonna Lets Photographer Grab Her Crotch During Party. See the Pics!