Ryan Gosling Eyed for 'Green Lantern' Role
Ryan Gosling may shed his image as independent movie star as he is considered to portray the pivotal role in "Green Lantern". Latino Review has uncovered that the 27-year-old actor has become the first choice of Warner Bros. Pictures to tackle the part of Hal Jordan/Green Lantern.
Jordan is the second generation test pilot who becomes a superhero after receiving a power ring from Abin Sur. The character has been illustrated as someone who was "utterly honest and born without fear" since the dying Abin Sur specifically used his ring to seek out an individual with that kind of potential to take his place as Green Lantern.
Gosling is known for his works in "The Notebook", "Half Nelson", and "Lars and the Real Girl". His performance as Dan Dunne in "Nelson" has bring him an Academy Award nomination, while his Lars Lindstrom's portrayal in "Lars" gave him a Golden Globe nod. In 2009, he will be seen starring in Andrew Jarecki's thriller, "All Good Things".
Eyeing 2010 release, "Green Lantern" tells the story of a superhero whose job is to protect the space using a green energy-powered ring. It will be directed by Greg Berlanti with the possible start shooting date in early spring of 2009. The script for the flick is penned by Greg Berlanti, Marc Guggenheim and Michael Green.
More Green Lantern News
- Nicki Minaj Has Her Eyes on 'Sexy' Nick Cannon Amid Mariah Carey Diss
- Zayn Malik Terrified About Harry Styles' Solo Album: 'He's Going to Steal My Thunder'
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24 Week 2: And the First Eliminated Celebrity Is ...
- Shawn Mendes and Camila Cabello Reignite Romance Rumors With Dreamy Cover of Ed Sheeran's 'Kiss'
- Pregnant Beyonce Is 'in Hiding': She's Ballooned So Much She Doesn't Want Her Fans to See!
- See Creepy Pennywise and The Losers Club in New 'It' Photos
- 'True Detective' Will Return for Season 3 With David Milch
- Abby Lee Miller Exits 'Dance Moms': 'I Have Been Manipulated, Disrespected and Used'