'Tom Thumb' Gonna Rock the Big Screen
"Tom Thumb" is springing up into the big screen. Warner Bros will produce the new 'Thumb' as live-action movie, although the character of Thumb will be brought to life with computer technology. This comedy-adventure will develop more on the heroism of the character than its original story.
"Enchanted" director Kevin Lima has been assigned by Warner Bros. to helm the project. The movie is originally adapted from a British legend dated back in the 1500s with the original screenplay penned by Robert Rodat, who has been buzzed for writing "Saving Private Ryan". Douglas Wick and Lucy Fisher will produce this movie via their Red Wagon banner, with Chris Chase sitting in the executive producer.
The story of "Tom Thumb" centers on an arrogant knight who shrinks to 6 inches while he is on the duty to protect a princess. The little hero is famous for getting himself into troubles with his family members and finally winding up in the kingdom of King Arthur. "Tom Thumb" actually has been filmed a few times over the years, including a live-action musical from MGM in 1958 and a darker animation from BBC Film in 1993.
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch
- Here Are the Pricey Items Tyga Wants From Kylie as Birthday Gifts
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Girls Get Matching Rings and Tattoos to Mark the End of Filming
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'