'Tom Thumb' Gonna Rock the Big Screen
"Tom Thumb" is springing up into the big screen. Warner Bros will produce the new 'Thumb' as live-action movie, although the character of Thumb will be brought to life with computer technology. This comedy-adventure will develop more on the heroism of the character than its original story.
"Enchanted" director Kevin Lima has been assigned by Warner Bros. to helm the project. The movie is originally adapted from a British legend dated back in the 1500s with the original screenplay penned by Robert Rodat, who has been buzzed for writing "Saving Private Ryan". Douglas Wick and Lucy Fisher will produce this movie via their Red Wagon banner, with Chris Chase sitting in the executive producer.
The story of "Tom Thumb" centers on an arrogant knight who shrinks to 6 inches while he is on the duty to protect a princess. The little hero is famous for getting himself into troubles with his family members and finally winding up in the kingdom of King Arthur. "Tom Thumb" actually has been filmed a few times over the years, including a live-action musical from MGM in 1958 and a darker animation from BBC Film in 1993.
- 'Power Rangers' First Full Trailer Offers First Official Look at Zordon and Megazord
- Amazon Is Adapting Neil Gaiman's 'Good Omens' Into a Limited Series
- Caitlyn Jenner's Rep Clears Up Rumors of Inaugural Dance With Donald Trump
- Nancy Sinatra Slams Donald Trump for Using Her Father's Song at His Inauguration Ball
- Ariana Grande Shares Sweet Birthday Message for 'Soulmate' Mac Miller
- Bella Thorne Gets Flirty With Zedd on Twitter and His Fans Absolutely Hate It
- Fetty Wap and Monty Flaunt Million-Dollar Bling in New Video for 'S**t I Like'
- Ryan Gosling and Eva Mendes Reportedly Fighting Over Whether to Have Baby No. 3