'Tom Thumb' Gonna Rock the Big Screen
"Tom Thumb" is springing up into the big screen. Warner Bros will produce the new 'Thumb' as live-action movie, although the character of Thumb will be brought to life with computer technology. This comedy-adventure will develop more on the heroism of the character than its original story.
"Enchanted" director Kevin Lima has been assigned by Warner Bros. to helm the project. The movie is originally adapted from a British legend dated back in the 1500s with the original screenplay penned by Robert Rodat, who has been buzzed for writing "Saving Private Ryan". Douglas Wick and Lucy Fisher will produce this movie via their Red Wagon banner, with Chris Chase sitting in the executive producer.
The story of "Tom Thumb" centers on an arrogant knight who shrinks to 6 inches while he is on the duty to protect a princess. The little hero is famous for getting himself into troubles with his family members and finally winding up in the kingdom of King Arthur. "Tom Thumb" actually has been filmed a few times over the years, including a live-action musical from MGM in 1958 and a darker animation from BBC Film in 1993.
- Anne Hathaway's Dress at 'Colossal' Premiere Is So Awkward She Couldn't Sit in It
- Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye May Appear in 'Ant-Man and the Wasp'
- Blac Chyna Believes That Rob Kardashian and Tyga Are Tag Teaming Against Her
- Saucy! Rita Ora Goes Braless as She Flashes Her Nipple Pasties in Sheer Top
- Little Mix Channels Inner Cowgirls in Music Video for 'No More Sad Songs' Ft. Machine Gun Kelly
- A Party Fit for Mother Monster! Get Details of Lady GaGa's Star-Studded Birthday Bash
- Jennifer Lawrence and Darren Aronofsky Are Getting More Serious, Despite Their 22-Year Age Gap
- Listen to Selena Gomez's Moody 'Only You' Cover for '13 Reasons Why'