'Tom Thumb' Gonna Rock the Big Screen
"Tom Thumb" is springing up into the big screen. Warner Bros will produce the new 'Thumb' as live-action movie, although the character of Thumb will be brought to life with computer technology. This comedy-adventure will develop more on the heroism of the character than its original story.
"Enchanted" director Kevin Lima has been assigned by Warner Bros. to helm the project. The movie is originally adapted from a British legend dated back in the 1500s with the original screenplay penned by Robert Rodat, who has been buzzed for writing "Saving Private Ryan". Douglas Wick and Lucy Fisher will produce this movie via their Red Wagon banner, with Chris Chase sitting in the executive producer.
The story of "Tom Thumb" centers on an arrogant knight who shrinks to 6 inches while he is on the duty to protect a princess. The little hero is famous for getting himself into troubles with his family members and finally winding up in the kingdom of King Arthur. "Tom Thumb" actually has been filmed a few times over the years, including a live-action musical from MGM in 1958 and a darker animation from BBC Film in 1993.
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.14 Preview: An Ambush
- Angelina Jolie's Ambition to Become a Head of the UN Might Cause Split From Brad Pitt
- Taylor Swift Debuts New Haircut, Parties With Gwyneth Paltrow, Mick Jagger at Liberty Ross' Birthday
- Watch Performances From Rihanna, Demi Lovato, Chris Martin and More at Global Citizen Festival 2016
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.02 Preview Promises Revelation of the Saviors' Secret
- Did Faith Evans Just Expose Her Vagina in Front of the Crowd? See the Evidence!
- 'Magnificent Seven' Debuts Strong on Domestic Box Office, 'Bridget Jones's Baby' Tops Overseas
- Josh Brolin Ties the Knot With Longtime Girlfriend Kathryn Boyd. See the Photos