Beyonce Knowles Breaks Silence on Top Secret Wedding to Jay-Z
Always avoiding to discuss her love life with the press, Beyonce Knowles finally breaks her silence on the top secret wedding she had with longtime boyfriend Jay-Z back on April 4, 2008. In an interview with Essence magazine for its November issue, she does share a little about her wedding day, telling the publication she and Jay-Z "always knew it would happen" for they've "been together a long time."
On having a small and intimate nuptials, Beyonce explained it was because she's not a "traditional" woman. Besides, the fact that she is a star and has been walking the red carpet, has made her unwilling of the drama for she's been on the spotlight for years. "It's been my day so many days already," she told the magazine.
She, furthermore, went on revealing that it was a joint decision she made with Jay-Z to keep their private life private. "We decide everything," she said in a statement. "My word is my word. What Jay and I have is real. It's not about interviews or getting the right photo op. It's real."
"I feel that, especially now, with the Internet and paparazzi and camera phones, it's so difficult to maintain mystery," she added. "And that's so important. Even in a relationship, I feel like not being that accessible is really important."
In addition to star-studded wedding, Beyonce also ruled out engagement ring, telling Essence "People put too much emphasis on that. It's just material and it's just silly to me." However, she isn't untraditional at all for, like any other women, she still wants to have kids and is planning to have one soon after she completes her latest LP, "I Am...".
The November 2008 issue of Essence, to which Beyonce also shares about her upcoming album "I Am..." and new film "Cadillac Records," will hit the newsstands on October 12.
More Beyonce Knowles News
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri