'City of Ember' Celebrates Its Premiere in New York
In anticipation of "City of Ember" theatrical release this coming Friday on October 10, Fox-Walden Media have presented moviegoers with the premiere of their latest adventure fantasy film. Held at AMC Loews 19th Street Theatre, New York City, on Tuesday, October 7, the special screening event was a star-studded extravaganza.
Rolling out the red carpet outside the theater, the evening event saw many of "Ember" cast ensemble, such as Harry Treadaway, Saorise Ronan, Bill Murray, Tim Robbins and Martin Landau. While Robbins who stars as Loris Harrow attended the premiere accompanied by his partner Susan Sarandon, Murray who portrays Ember's Mayor Cole, walked down the red carpet with yellow miner's helmet on his head and on his hand.
The stars were also joined by the flick's director Gil Kenan. Also attending the event were several other celebrity guests that include recording sisters/actresses Aly & AJ, "Horton Hears a Who!" voice actor Josh Flitter, and Tom Hanks' son and "The House Bunny" actor Colin Hanks.
Coming from the director of "Monster House", "Ember" tells the story of two teenagers forced to race against time in unlocking the clues of their ancient city to save the people they love when City of Ember, the sole world they know begins to literally fail on them and the only way to survive is to get out of the underground self-contained city. The flick is adapted by Caroline Thompson from Jeanne Duprau's book of the same title.
- 'The Predator' Release Date Pushed Back
- 'Deadpool 2' and 'New Mutants' Get Release Dates
- Video: Kylie Jenner Holding Hands With Travis Scott
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' and Release Date Officially Announced
- Jay-Z Renews Deal With Live Nation
- 'Avatar' Sequels Release Dates Unveiled
- Kourtney Kardashian Goes Undercover as News Reporter and Nobody Recognizes Her
- Carmelo and La La Anthony Put on United Front for Sake of Their Son