'Tr2n' Getting 3-D Treatment
The forthcoming "Tr2n" sequel will be brought into stereoscopic 3D. The news about formatted 3-D "Tr2n" has been strengthened by the director of the sequel, Joseph Kosinski, who told Ain't It Cool News in a brief conversation about it. He said that the external riders seen in the project's preview shown at 2008 San Diego Comic Con looks more challenging after being added with 3-D effects.
He also stated that formatted 3D "Tr2n" could be released by late 2010. Michael Wilkinson who is credited for "Watchmen" has been chosen to handle the costume design. He has officially joined the production sometime this week.
Jeff Bridges, who played Kevin Flynn in "Tron", has also confirmed his participation in the sequel. His tremendous enthusiasm about "Tr2n" was expressed when he told The Guardian on September 27 that "doing the new 'Tron' movie is something that is just too good to pass up".
He added later, "Engaging in that world again feels just like it did all that time ago. Basically, I'm still a child, I love being childlike, and here was another chance to play with these crazy toys. And the cutting-edge technology makes it exciting. Doing the teaser trailer for Comic-Con, I had my first experience of motion capture. And that's turning the industry on its head. It's amazing being part of that." He also hoped that this sequel will be as good as "King Kong".
The original "Tron" is a 1982 sci-fi about a computer programmer who is thrust into the computer and he has to fight in games he created. "Tron" had distinguished visual style, as Disney used computer graphics extensively in that film. Since then, following the success of "Tron", many video games based on "Tron" have been made over the years.
- Jamie Foxx's Wild Night Out: Boozing and Grinding With Mystery Women
- Listen to Jamie Lynn Spears' Comeback Single 'Sleepover'
- Chloe Moretz: 'I Wanted a Boob Job and Butt Reduction' at Age 16
- Bradley Cooper and Irina Shayk Talk About Building a Future and Having Kids Together
- Check Out These New 'Fast 8' Ice Cars From Iceland Set
- Kelly Clarkson Signs With Atlantic Records, Readies Soul Album for Next Year
- Jesse Is Back on 'The Flash' in Season 3. Will She Turn Into Speedster?
- Justin Bieber Sprains His Ankle After Basketball Game, Tells Fans Not to Worry