Injured, Misty May-Treanor Bows Out 'Dancing with the Stars'
While three other contestants were voted out of "Dancing with the Stars" during the first couple of weeks, Misty May-Treanor has chosen to leave the dancing competition. The shocking announcement was made at the conclusion of the live show on Monday, October 6, night when the two-time Olympic beach volleyball gold medalist appeared on crutches and a cast on her left leg.
Further, it was revealed that the 31-year-old has been forced to walk out of the competition after sustaining an injury during dance rehearsal with partner Maksim Chmerkovskiy on Friday, October 3. "I heard a pop," she recalled the time she was practicing the jive on the show's ballroom set. "I was doing the Lindy Hop. I thought I flew out of control and hit the judges' stairs, or it felt like I got hit in the back with a baseball bat. Then, I just couldn't put weight on it."
Sharing her disappointment to People after the Monday show, May-Treanor confessed, "I ruptured my Achilles tendon and from that point on I knew I couldn't continue. I'm out and I'm really bummed. We don't know why these things happen. They could happen to anyone. I feel like I was only just beginning here."
According to Associated Press, co-host Samantha Harris mentioned what effects May-Treanor's early departure will bring to the competition will be revealed on Tuesday, October 7 show. Following her exit, some publications speculated that it perhaps means Kim Kardashian, who has been eliminated last week, may return to the show. Still, E! Online has noted that Kardashian has yet to confirm the rumor saying simply, "If they ask me to, I'm available. I'm back home tomorrow. We'll see!"
- Priscilla Presley's Taking Care of Lisa Marie Presley's Twin Girls Amid Nasty Custody Battle
- Pregnant Rosie Huntington-Whiteley Covers Baby Bump in Trench Coat on Lunch Date With Jason Statham
- Fergie Shows Off Pert Derriere in Cheeky Instagram Picture
- George Clooney Finally Opens Up About Amal's Pregnancy
- Adele Named Top Music Legend of the Future
- Taron Egerton Is Seen Filming 'Robin Hood: Origins' in Croatia
- Possible 'Jurassic World 2' Plot Details Revealed
- 'Sherlock' Could Get Axed, Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman's Busy Schedules Are to Blame