Johnny Depp Snags Million Pounds Deal for 'Pirates of the Caribbean 4'
Johnny Depp is indeed reprising one of his memorable roles, Captain Jack Sparrow, in "Pirates of the Caribbean 4" with one lucrative deal. According to Gordon Smart of The Sun's Bizzare, the 44-year-old will be earning as much as 32 million pounds to star as the treacherous and eccentric Pirate Lord of the Caribbean Sea.
This big payout has been given out by the mouse house because Disney allegedly need their Sparrow for the fourth movie. "It's a lot of swag but they just can't make another without Sparrow," an insider revealed. Reportedly, Depp's earning for the sequel tops Tom Hanks's 29 million pounds check for "The Da Vinci Code" sequel, "Angels & Demons".
Though many details on "Pirates 4" have been kept well under wraps, words are this fourth film would be focusing on Sparrow as he embarks on a journey to find the Fountain of Youth with Captain Barbossa, leaving Elizabeth and Will out of the adventure. It is also said that the unlikely duo will be forced to team up in order to "defeat some supernatural terror". Produced by Jerry Bruckheimer, it is set for May 20, 2011 release.
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'