Johnny Depp Snags Million Pounds Deal for 'Pirates of the Caribbean 4'
Johnny Depp is indeed reprising one of his memorable roles, Captain Jack Sparrow, in "Pirates of the Caribbean 4" with one lucrative deal. According to Gordon Smart of The Sun's Bizzare, the 44-year-old will be earning as much as 32 million pounds to star as the treacherous and eccentric Pirate Lord of the Caribbean Sea.
This big payout has been given out by the mouse house because Disney allegedly need their Sparrow for the fourth movie. "It's a lot of swag but they just can't make another without Sparrow," an insider revealed. Reportedly, Depp's earning for the sequel tops Tom Hanks's 29 million pounds check for "The Da Vinci Code" sequel, "Angels & Demons".
Though many details on "Pirates 4" have been kept well under wraps, words are this fourth film would be focusing on Sparrow as he embarks on a journey to find the Fountain of Youth with Captain Barbossa, leaving Elizabeth and Will out of the adventure. It is also said that the unlikely duo will be forced to team up in order to "defeat some supernatural terror". Produced by Jerry Bruckheimer, it is set for May 20, 2011 release.
- New 'Doctor Who' Season 10 Trailer Features New Companion
- Oscars 2017 Winner List: Emma Stone Wins Best Actress, 'Moonlight' Is Best Picture
- Nicki Minaj and Trey Songz Involved in Twitter Feud After Remy Ma's Diss Track
- Oscars 2017: 'La La Land' Wins Big, Casey Affleck Is Best Actor
- Remy Ma Calls Out Nicki Minaj on New Diss Track 'ShETHER'
- Beast Is Kicked Out of Castle by Gaston in 'Beauty and the Beast' Academy Awards TV Spot
- Marriage on the Rocks? Hugh Jackman and Deborra-Lee Furness Are Living 'Separate Lives'
- Oscars 2017: 'Zootopia' Is Best Animated Feature, 'Hacksaw Ridge' Already Wins Two