Johnny Depp Snags Million Pounds Deal for 'Pirates of the Caribbean 4'
Johnny Depp is indeed reprising one of his memorable roles, Captain Jack Sparrow, in "Pirates of the Caribbean 4" with one lucrative deal. According to Gordon Smart of The Sun's Bizzare, the 44-year-old will be earning as much as 32 million pounds to star as the treacherous and eccentric Pirate Lord of the Caribbean Sea.
This big payout has been given out by the mouse house because Disney allegedly need their Sparrow for the fourth movie. "It's a lot of swag but they just can't make another without Sparrow," an insider revealed. Reportedly, Depp's earning for the sequel tops Tom Hanks's 29 million pounds check for "The Da Vinci Code" sequel, "Angels & Demons".
Though many details on "Pirates 4" have been kept well under wraps, words are this fourth film would be focusing on Sparrow as he embarks on a journey to find the Fountain of Youth with Captain Barbossa, leaving Elizabeth and Will out of the adventure. It is also said that the unlikely duo will be forced to team up in order to "defeat some supernatural terror". Produced by Jerry Bruckheimer, it is set for May 20, 2011 release.
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding