Elizabeth Hurley Flashes Her Undies at Charity Event
Elizabeth Hurley experienced an embarrassing wardrobe malfunction when she accidentally flashed her knickers at a charity event in New York City which she hosted. She gave people an eyeful of her undies as she was at Bloomingdale's store to flip a ceremonial switch to turn the store pink for part of a month-long breast cancer campaign.
Being billed to host the so-called Bloomingdale's Goes Pink launch Thursday evening, October 2 as part of National Breast Cancer Awareness Month, Liz wore bright fuchsia dress and a pair of silver high heels. It was when she took the hot pink carpet and began talking to the audience that the lower part of her dress started to roll up, exposing her nude-colored undies.
Unaware of the embarrassing flash, she continued to address the audience. She quickly clasped her head when she finally realized what had happened.
Mail Online, which has several pictures of Liz's wardrobe malfunction, quoted fashion experts as saying static electricity from a thick synthetic carpet combined with the actress' new shoes and silky tights can easily cause a flimsy dress to lift up.
The Thursday wardrobe malfunction wasn't Liz's first though. Back in 1998, she had a fashion mishap, attending a wedding in a slashed-to-the-waist dress that revealed her leopard print underwear.
A passionate supporter of breast cancer charities after losing her grandmother to the disease in the 1970s, Liz has appeared in a number of public service announcements urging women over 40 to have regular mammograms. She also teams up with Estee Lauder to release a special edition lipstick with proceeds going to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation.
In related news, Liz reportedly is developing an organic food line which she claimed to produce low-fat products that may help reduce the risk of breast cancer. "I think we know now that many issues with women's health can be linked back to their diet," she told People prior to the Bloomingdale's Goes Pink launch. "We've been saying for a long time that many breast cancer specialists recommend sticking to as low-fat a diet as possible, which all has to do with how estrogen is stored in the body."
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'