Elizabeth Hurley Flashes Her Undies at Charity Event
Elizabeth Hurley experienced an embarrassing wardrobe malfunction when she accidentally flashed her knickers at a charity event in New York City which she hosted. She gave people an eyeful of her undies as she was at Bloomingdale's store to flip a ceremonial switch to turn the store pink for part of a month-long breast cancer campaign.
Being billed to host the so-called Bloomingdale's Goes Pink launch Thursday evening, October 2 as part of National Breast Cancer Awareness Month, Liz wore bright fuchsia dress and a pair of silver high heels. It was when she took the hot pink carpet and began talking to the audience that the lower part of her dress started to roll up, exposing her nude-colored undies.
Unaware of the embarrassing flash, she continued to address the audience. She quickly clasped her head when she finally realized what had happened.
Mail Online, which has several pictures of Liz's wardrobe malfunction, quoted fashion experts as saying static electricity from a thick synthetic carpet combined with the actress' new shoes and silky tights can easily cause a flimsy dress to lift up.
The Thursday wardrobe malfunction wasn't Liz's first though. Back in 1998, she had a fashion mishap, attending a wedding in a slashed-to-the-waist dress that revealed her leopard print underwear.
A passionate supporter of breast cancer charities after losing her grandmother to the disease in the 1970s, Liz has appeared in a number of public service announcements urging women over 40 to have regular mammograms. She also teams up with Estee Lauder to release a special edition lipstick with proceeds going to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation.
In related news, Liz reportedly is developing an organic food line which she claimed to produce low-fat products that may help reduce the risk of breast cancer. "I think we know now that many issues with women's health can be linked back to their diet," she told People prior to the Bloomingdale's Goes Pink launch. "We've been saying for a long time that many breast cancer specialists recommend sticking to as low-fat a diet as possible, which all has to do with how estrogen is stored in the body."
- Jennifer Aniston and Justin Theroux Hold Hands in NYC Following Split Rumors
- Backstreet Boys Joins Florida Georgia Line at iHeartRadio Music Festival. Plus Other Performances!
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors