Sarah Palin's Debate Parodied on 'Late Show With David Letterman'
Republican Vice President candidate Sarah Palin becomes the object of ridicule on "Late Show With David Letterman", again. Taking on the much-talked debate on Thursday, October 2 between Palin and her Democratic rival Joe Biden at Washington University in St. Louis, Letterman has cut some of her words to form a new meaning.
The talk host said that he has some messages from Palin for America and then he aired some edited footages of Palin talking. The parodies make Palin appearing to have said "But I will tell Americans straight up that I don't know what a Vice President does" and also "I have no experience. John McCain should get rid of me."
The night before the debate, Letterman had also devoted his top 10 Wednesday night to "Things Overheard at Sarah Palin's Debate Camp." One of the remarks says, "Any way we can just get Tina Fey to do it?" Fey is a comedian who has done an impersonation of Palin on Saturday Night Live sketch show.
Last week, Letterman was pissed when McCain, the running mate of Palin canceled an appearance on his show at last minute. He said during the show that was forced to be filled with impromptu, "This just doesn't smell right because this is not the way a tested hero behaves. Somebody's putting something in his Metamucil."
The real debate has drawn a TV rating that exceeds that between Barack Obama and McCain. Ratings by Nielsen Media Research issued on Friday, October 3 revealed that over 70 million U.S. television viewers tuned in, making it the most watched vice presidential debate ever.
Parody of Sarah Palin's Debate:
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding