Reese Witherspoon and Jake Gyllenhaal on the Verge of Splitting
The love relationship of Reese Witherspoon and Jake Gyllenhaal reportedly is hitting the rocks due to work commitments. Apparently, the actress finds it hard to be in long distance relationship with the actor as he has to be in Morocco and London filming the upcoming "Prince of Persia: Sands of Time".
"This is his first epic, and his mind is on his work," one of Reese's friends told Star. "They talk on the phone and e-mail, but he's not 'there.' Reese is wondering if this is how it's going to be between them every time he's out of the country filming."
Overcoming the rough patch of their relationship, Reese flew to London in mid September for a quick rendezvous with Jake at The Dorchester hotel. "While there, they even went house hunting for a place because Jake will be using London as his home base until December. Reese doesn't like the formality of a hotel for her and her two kids," a source stated.
Now that they're on the verge of splitting, the source advised them "to reconnect and remember why they were in a relationship in the first place." The source added that celebrating the holidays together might "get them back on the same page."
Reese and Jake began dating in March 2007. However, it wasn't until she had her divorce to husband Ryan Phillippe finalized in October the same year that she and Jake went public with their romance. She and Ryan are parents to daughter Ava Elizabeth Phillippe and son Deacon Phillippe.
Neither Reese nor Jake has commented on the report of their relationship hitting a rough patch.
More Reese Witherspoon News
- DJ Khaled and Fiancee Nicole Tuck Welcome Baby Boy
- Benedict Cumberbatch and Solange Knowles Set to Make 'SNL' Debut
- Britney Spears Almost Flashes Her Breasts During On-Stage Wardrobe Malfunction
- 'Jessica Jones' Season 2 Will Be Directed Entirely by Women
- Taylor Swift Sings Calvin Harris' Song During Her Return to Stage at Formula 1 Concert
- Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry Go Door to Door for Hillary Clinton at College Dorms
- Watch: Lady GaGa Performs 'Joanne' Songs on 'SNL'
- Tom Hanks Plays 'Black Jeopardy' as Donald Trump's Supporter on 'SNL'