Producer of 'Transformers II' Acknowledges Shia LaBeouf's Latest Injury
Lorenzo di Bonaventura, producer of the forthcoming "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen," has acknowledged the on-set injury Shia LaBeouf experienced on Tuesday, September 30. However, he confirmed "everything is fine" with the actor.
Detailing on Shia's latest injury, Lorenzo confirmed, "he got a little nick, and because he has been hurt recently, immediately everything gets magnified." Notwithstanding with the minor incident, shooting of the flick is still going on as Shia "was back shooting a couple hours later," said Lorenzo.
Putting to rest the negative rumors surrounding the film's production after Shia's latest injury, Lorenzo explained the star "loves doing his own stunts, and that wasn't a stunt, actually. It was just one of those things where a prop nicked him." Furthermore indicating that the incident might have been much worse, he remarked, "thank God he is fine, and we are getting close to the end now" when referring to Shia, adding "[It was] one of our props, and it's a big prop. It could have been a big cut, but it wasn't."
TMZ reported Wednesday, October 1 Shia suffered a cut below his eyebrow while working on "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen" the day before, claiming the injury required him to receive stitches. His representative had no comment on his latest injury.
"Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen," the sequel to the 2007 "Transformers," is slated to hit the theaters June 26, 2009.
More Shia LaBeouf News
- Viola Davis to Lead All-Female Heist Movie From '12 Years a Slave' Director Steve McQueen
- Nick Jonas Gets Cozy With Bikini Hottie in Hawaii
- Brad Pitt Bails on Movie Screening to Focus on 'Family Situation' Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- 'The Strain' Renewed for Fourth and Final Season
- Justin Theroux Slams Media for Thrusting Jennifer Aniston Into Brangelina's Divorce
- Gigi Hadid on Fighting Off Her Attacker in Milan: 'I Felt I Was in Danger'
- Video Premiere: Hailee Steinfeld's 'Starving' Ft. Zedd
- Brody Jenner Throws Tantrum After Getting Kicked Off Hotel