Batman's Sidekick Robin Heads to Small Screen
The CW have announced their plans on developing "The Graysons". According to Variety, the brand new television series will be focused on Batman's sidekick before he becomes the iconic Robin. Set in modern day, it will chronicle the life of Dick "DJ" Grayson before he dons his superhero identity and teams up with Batman as he navigates through family dramas, first loves and rivals.
Words are "Graysons" has been observed to be a potential replacement for "Smallville" if the series about the early life of Clark Kent ends its run this season. The hourlong series has "Smallville" executive producers, Kelly Souders and Brian Peterson, as well as "Supernatural" executive producer McG on board the project.
It is still unclear though whether this small screen series will take the original story of the character from its comic book in which Grayson was part of a family acrobat act dubbed the Flying Graysons. When he was left as an orphan after a gangster sabotaged his parents' trapeze equipment, Bruce Wayne took him under his wing and trained him to help fight crime.
- Ex-Pussycat Doll Ashley Roberts 'Flirting' With Brooklyn Beckham at BRITs After-Party
- Scarlett Johansson to Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the Fifth Time
- Listen to Jason Derulo's New Tropical Song 'Swalla' Ft. Nicki Minaj and Ty Dolla $ign
- Beyonce and Caitlyn Jenner React to Donald Trump's Anti-Transgender Policy
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Spin-Off 'Mayans MC' Casts JD Pardo as Leading Man
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Casting Scoops: Simone Biles and Mr. T to Compete in Season 24
- Matt Reeves Is Officially Announced to Direct 'The Batman', Ben Affleck Reacts
- Robert De Niro Has a Blowout Fight With Wife Grace Hightower