Batman's Sidekick Robin Heads to Small Screen
The CW have announced their plans on developing "The Graysons". According to Variety, the brand new television series will be focused on Batman's sidekick before he becomes the iconic Robin. Set in modern day, it will chronicle the life of Dick "DJ" Grayson before he dons his superhero identity and teams up with Batman as he navigates through family dramas, first loves and rivals.
Words are "Graysons" has been observed to be a potential replacement for "Smallville" if the series about the early life of Clark Kent ends its run this season. The hourlong series has "Smallville" executive producers, Kelly Souders and Brian Peterson, as well as "Supernatural" executive producer McG on board the project.
It is still unclear though whether this small screen series will take the original story of the character from its comic book in which Grayson was part of a family acrobat act dubbed the Flying Graysons. When he was left as an orphan after a gangster sabotaged his parents' trapeze equipment, Bruce Wayne took him under his wing and trained him to help fight crime.
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics