Batman's Sidekick Robin Heads to Small Screen
The CW have announced their plans on developing "The Graysons". According to Variety, the brand new television series will be focused on Batman's sidekick before he becomes the iconic Robin. Set in modern day, it will chronicle the life of Dick "DJ" Grayson before he dons his superhero identity and teams up with Batman as he navigates through family dramas, first loves and rivals.
Words are "Graysons" has been observed to be a potential replacement for "Smallville" if the series about the early life of Clark Kent ends its run this season. The hourlong series has "Smallville" executive producers, Kelly Souders and Brian Peterson, as well as "Supernatural" executive producer McG on board the project.
It is still unclear though whether this small screen series will take the original story of the character from its comic book in which Grayson was part of a family acrobat act dubbed the Flying Graysons. When he was left as an orphan after a gangster sabotaged his parents' trapeze equipment, Bruce Wayne took him under his wing and trained him to help fight crime.
- Conspiracy Theorists Claim Elvis Presley Is Alive and Attended His 82nd Birthday
- Kim Kardashian 'Had a Secret Fling' With 'Celebrity Big Brother' Star Calum Best
- 'The Flash' Also Brings Back Rick Cosnett's Eddie Thawne, but How?
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'