Batman's Sidekick Robin Heads to Small Screen
The CW have announced their plans on developing "The Graysons". According to Variety, the brand new television series will be focused on Batman's sidekick before he becomes the iconic Robin. Set in modern day, it will chronicle the life of Dick "DJ" Grayson before he dons his superhero identity and teams up with Batman as he navigates through family dramas, first loves and rivals.
Words are "Graysons" has been observed to be a potential replacement for "Smallville" if the series about the early life of Clark Kent ends its run this season. The hourlong series has "Smallville" executive producers, Kelly Souders and Brian Peterson, as well as "Supernatural" executive producer McG on board the project.
It is still unclear though whether this small screen series will take the original story of the character from its comic book in which Grayson was part of a family acrobat act dubbed the Flying Graysons. When he was left as an orphan after a gangster sabotaged his parents' trapeze equipment, Bruce Wayne took him under his wing and trained him to help fight crime.
- Tyra Banks Accused of Abusing a Girl on 'America's Got Talent'
- Kanye West Is 'Humiliated' by Kim Kardashian's Deflated Butt
- Fergie Signs With BMG After Quitting Interscope
- Celine Dion, J.Lo, Mariah Carey and Backstreet Boys Will Not Cancel Vegas Shows Despite ISIS Threat
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Enjoy Night Out in Cannes
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Enjoying 'Wild Sex' in Cannes
- Mariah Carey Is Slammed by Co-Star for Alleged 'Bananas' Behaviour on 'The House' Filming Set
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Begins Mandatory Military Service