Melissa Etheridge Reveals Plans to Legally Wed Lesbian Partner Tammy Lynn Michaels
Now that same-sex marriage has been legally recognized in California, Melissa Etheridge has made public her plans to wed longtime lesbian partner Tammy Lynn Michaels. In a recent interview with celebrity television show "Extra", she said wedding is in pre-planning stages for her and Tammy.
"We're trying to find the right time now actually to go down and do it -- is where we're at," Etheridge told "Extra" lifechanger and surgical breast specialist Dr. Kristi Funk during a chit chat about breast cancer which she's been diagnosed with four years ago. Etheridge and Tammy have been together for years and they are among the most high-profile celebrities to live openly as lesbians.
The lovers first exchanged vows five years ago in Malibu due to the fact that same-sex marriage was yet legal in California. It was only May this year that the California Supreme Court turned down its ban on gay marriage. Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi were among those who made their union official soon following the gay marriage acknowledgment.
Etheridge, 47, has two children with her former partner Julie Cypher; son Beckett Cypher and daughter Bailey Jean Cypher. She and Tammy have their own twins, which the actress carried through sperm donor, they are Miller Steven and Johnnie Rose.
Etheridge's interview with "Extra" was conducted at Universal City's Hard Rock Cafe, where she performed to launch Pinktober, the restaurant's breast cancer awareness program.
- Lucasfilm Isn't Happy With Alden Ehrenreich's 'Han Solo' Performance
- Israel Names a Beach After Britney Spears
- Taylor Swift Resurfaces With New Look in a Congratulatory Video for Russell Westbrook
- Pregnant Serena Williams Poses Nearly Nude for Vanity Fair
- Scott Disick Risks Liver Failure With His Binge Drinking Habit
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale Photos: Get First Look at Aria's Wedding Dress
- Is Khloe Kardashian Pregnant? Tristan Thompson Believes She Will Be the 'Best Mom'
- Insecure Kylie Jenner Thinks She's Ugly