Hollywood Celebs Urge People to Vote in '5 Friends' PSA
The U.S. presidential election is less than five weeks away and Hollywood celebs have been very vocal encouraging Americans to start registering in order to be able to vote, starring in a public service announcement (PSA) video, called "5 Friends." Among them who are taking part in the cause include Halle Berry, Leonardo DiCaprio, Sarah Silverman, Ellen DeGeneres, Jennifer Aniston, Jamie Foxx, Ashton Kutcher, will.i.am and many more.
In the more-than-four minutes video the celebrities try to emphasize the importance of voting. They can be seen in the footage urging people repeatedly to register and vote and pursue their five friends or more to get involved in the highly anticipated presidential election.
Urging people, both registered and unregistered, to spread the message of the upcoming voter-registration deadline October 4, the stars mention some crucial issues that might get affected by voting, including women's rights, civil rights, the economy, and global warming just to name a few. Also featuring a reminder that said, "Register to vote or you have no choice," the clip even lists a web address at which viewers can register.
Leo, who lends a helping hand to produce the PSA, was quoted as saying "I mean, seriously, .. after this whole video - if you're not gonna vote, I don't even know what to say. ... You know you have to vote." Below is the video of "5 Friends" PSA.
More Halle Berry News
- Jamie Bell in Talks to Be the New James Bond
- First Look at Katherine Waterston's Daniels in 'Alien: Covenant' Image
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Plan $10M Lawsuit to Silence Former Bodyguard
- Justin Bieber Spotted on Dinner Date With Nicola Peltz
- Take a Peek at Gwen Stefani's 'Misery' Music Video in This Teaser
- Miranda Lambert Closes Her Boutique, Sells Building to Ex-Husband Blake Shelton
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?