Sharon Stone's Overreaction to Many Medical Issues Leads to Custody Lost
In a "Tentative Statement of Decision" released Monday, September 29, San Francisco County Superior Court Judge Anne-Christine Massullo turned down Sharon Stone's attempt to modify custody of her adopted son Roan, citing her "overreacting to many medical issues involving" the young boy as the reason. It was reported earlier that the actress sought to have Roan moved from Marin County in Northern California, where he lives with his father, Phil Bronstein, to live with her in L.A.
Court documents outlining Stone's ongoing battle with then husband Phil reveal the actress once wanted Roan to have Botox injections in his feet to resolve a problem he had with foot odor. It, moreover, also stated that Stone also alleged "Roan had a spinal condition" whereas "there was no evidence to support this allegation."
Citing the Botox injections and spinal condition fear as examples of Stone's "overreacting to many medical issues involving Roan," Judge Anne-Christine Massullo then decided to nix her attempt to modify custody of Roan. Having Phil's back instead, the judge claimed, "father has championed for Roan's well-being out of, what appears to this Court, nothing less than the unconditional love for his son. Unfortunately, and for unexplained reasons, it appears that Mother did not involve herself to the extent she could or should have in this process."
On the other hand, the judge stated Stone "has attempted to put up roadblocks to Roan's getting help, or has decided against participating in his care" adding "the problem caused by mother's overreactions is painfully real for this child."
And responding to Stone's argument that she put her career on hold for Roan, the judge revealed, "if mother has, in fact, limited her career to make herself available for Roan, she has done little to make this evident to Roan, his school or this Court." After all, those facts led to the release of court documents that give Phil primary custody of Roan, with Stone granted one weekend a month visitation.
Stone and Phil tied the knot in February 1998. They adopted Roan a week after he was born on May 22, 2000, in Texas. The couple divorced in early 2004 and have a "joint legal and physical custody" agreement over the boy.
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Enjoying 'Wild Sex' in Cannes
- Mariah Carey Is Slammed by Co-Star for Alleged 'Bananas' Behaviour on 'The House' Filming Set
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Begins Mandatory Military Service
- Report: Chris Pratt and Anna Faris Expecting Second Child
- Get a Look at Various Aliens and Creatures in Stunning 'Valerian' Final Trailer
- Katy Perry Unfollows Migos on Instagram After Backlash Over Homophobia
- VIXX's Ken Gets Blasted for Writing Curse Words in Official Video
- 'Supernatural': Mark Sheppard Won't Return as Series Regular in Season 13