Ne-Yo Putting Together His Semi-Biopic Film
Ne-Yo is gearing up to share parts of his life with his fans through a semi-autobiographical movie. Calling the project "Venice Beach", the R 'n' B star opened up about his plan to Rap-Up's Jessica Washington saying, "We are putting together the next [film] right now as we speak, as a matter of fact."
On what the film is all about, the 28-year-old described it to be his version of Eminem's "8 Mile" explaining further that this flick would be loosely based on his life. "The name of the movie is Venice Beach and basically it's going to be my 8 Mile," the singer explained, "loosely based on [my] life, but not really."
Aiming to deliver a great feature film, he insisted that the film won't be rushed on to make sure that it gets the right script. "There's a lot of room for it to be either really good or really corny," he said. "We gotta make sure the script is right, so that's why we ain't start shooting yet. We gotta get it right." Words are the production is slated to begin around December 2008.
This semi-biopic movie will be Ne-Yo's second feature film following 2007's dancing flick, "Stomp the Yard". Meanwhile, on September 16, the singer/songwriter has just released his third studio album, "Year of the Gentleman". It has debuted at number two on the Billboard 200 whereas its first single, "Closer", peaked at number seven on Billboard's Hot 100 since its release on April 15.
- Two New Characters on 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 Revealed. Get the Details!
- Khloe Kardashian Tries to 'Move On and Focus on Herself' During Her 'Sad' 32nd Birthday
- Ansel Elgort Is in Talks to Star in 'Dungeons and Dragons' Reboot
- Did Britney Spears Delay Single to Include Sample of Justin Timberlake's 'Cry Me a River'?
- George Clooney Reportedly 'Refused' to Protect Wife Amal From 'Bloodthirsty Terrorists'
- Kylie Jenner Asks Tyga to Move Back Into Her House
- Rihanna Is Unhappy Kanye West Put Her in Bed With Donald Trump and George W. Bush in 'Famous' Video
- Iggy Azalea Gets Thanked for 'Ruining Hip-Hop.' See Her Reaction