Ne-Yo Putting Together His Semi-Biopic Film
Ne-Yo is gearing up to share parts of his life with his fans through a semi-autobiographical movie. Calling the project "Venice Beach", the R 'n' B star opened up about his plan to Rap-Up's Jessica Washington saying, "We are putting together the next [film] right now as we speak, as a matter of fact."
On what the film is all about, the 28-year-old described it to be his version of Eminem's "8 Mile" explaining further that this flick would be loosely based on his life. "The name of the movie is Venice Beach and basically it's going to be my 8 Mile," the singer explained, "loosely based on [my] life, but not really."
Aiming to deliver a great feature film, he insisted that the film won't be rushed on to make sure that it gets the right script. "There's a lot of room for it to be either really good or really corny," he said. "We gotta make sure the script is right, so that's why we ain't start shooting yet. We gotta get it right." Words are the production is slated to begin around December 2008.
This semi-biopic movie will be Ne-Yo's second feature film following 2007's dancing flick, "Stomp the Yard". Meanwhile, on September 16, the singer/songwriter has just released his third studio album, "Year of the Gentleman". It has debuted at number two on the Billboard 200 whereas its first single, "Closer", peaked at number seven on Billboard's Hot 100 since its release on April 15.
- Kristen Stewart Reunites With 'Twilight' Co-Stars at Women in Hollywood Awards
- Len Wiseman Files for Divorce From Kate Beckinsale
- Lady GaGa to Perform at 2016 American Music Awards
- Gilmore Girls at Major Crossroads in 'A Year in the Life' First Trailer
- Justin Timberlake Votes Early but He Lands in Trouble for Taking Ballot Selfie
- 'Walking Dead' Slammed by Parents TV Council Over Brutal Deaths
- Amber Rose Cozying Up to 'DWTS' Pro Val Chmerkovskiy at Her Birthday Party
- Fans Petition 'Deadpool 2' to Hire Quentin Tarantino After Tim Miller's Exit