Ne-Yo Putting Together His Semi-Biopic Film
Ne-Yo is gearing up to share parts of his life with his fans through a semi-autobiographical movie. Calling the project "Venice Beach", the R 'n' B star opened up about his plan to Rap-Up's Jessica Washington saying, "We are putting together the next [film] right now as we speak, as a matter of fact."
On what the film is all about, the 28-year-old described it to be his version of Eminem's "8 Mile" explaining further that this flick would be loosely based on his life. "The name of the movie is Venice Beach and basically it's going to be my 8 Mile," the singer explained, "loosely based on [my] life, but not really."
Aiming to deliver a great feature film, he insisted that the film won't be rushed on to make sure that it gets the right script. "There's a lot of room for it to be either really good or really corny," he said. "We gotta make sure the script is right, so that's why we ain't start shooting yet. We gotta get it right." Words are the production is slated to begin around December 2008.
This semi-biopic movie will be Ne-Yo's second feature film following 2007's dancing flick, "Stomp the Yard". Meanwhile, on September 16, the singer/songwriter has just released his third studio album, "Year of the Gentleman". It has debuted at number two on the Billboard 200 whereas its first single, "Closer", peaked at number seven on Billboard's Hot 100 since its release on April 15.
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?
- Trey Songz Slams Nicki Minaj: She Ain't Had S**t Before Me
- Han Solo Movie Adds 'Sing Street' Star Ian Kenny