Key Scenes of 'Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen' Filmed in IMAX
Reportedly inspired by the six IMAX sequences of "The Dark Knight" from director Christopher Nolan, director Michael Bay will also take advantage of the IMAX technology for the highly anticipated "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen". In a press release put out on Tuesday, September 30, it is revealed that the filmmaker will be shooting key sequences of the sequel using IMAX camera.
Earlier, Variety mentioned that there will be at least three action set-pieces from the action fantasy film that will use the advanced technology. In addition, Bay through the press release expressed his excitement over the IMAX footage the movie will be having. "The extraordinary level of detail and intensity captured by the IMAX camera creates many exciting possibilities for us with this film," he said. "IMAX's all-encompassing format will take this story to a new level, and I am once again very excited to share The IMAX Experience with Transformers fans around the world."
A sequel to the hit 2007 film "Transformers" about two clashing robot clans on Earth, "Revenge of the Fallen" will see Shia LaBeouf, Megan Fox, Josh Duhamel, Tyrese Gibson and John Turturro reprising their roles once again with supports from Isabel Lucas, Rainn Wilson and Matthew Marsden among others.
In this sequel, the heroes will be facing a stronger and more powerful villain, the Fallen, who forces them to bring back their foe Megatron to defeat him. The Ehren Kruger, Alex Kurtzman, Roberto Orci-written flick will be debuted simultaneously in both conventional and IMAX theaters on June 26, 2009.
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Wants to Adopt Baby With British Boyfriend
- Back at It! Natalie Portman Returns to Work After Giving Birth to Daughter Amalia
- Cara Delevingne Sports Bald Head on 'Life in a Year' Filming Set
- Elton John Cancels Entire Las Vegas Shows Due to 'Unusual Bacterial Infection'
- Finding 'Comfort,' Brad Pitt Plans to Buy New Place in L.A. Arts District After Angelina Jolie Split
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Star Jesse Williams and Wife Split After Nearly 5 Years of Marriage
- Hollywood Writers Authorize a Strike. Will It Repeat the 2007 WGA Strike?
- Ben Affleck Steps Out for First Time Since Filing for Divorce From Jennifer Garner