Christina Applegate Did Nude Photo Shoot Before Doing Mastectomy
Being pronounced free from cancer, Christina Applegate is opening up about her struggle with breasts cancer she's been diagnosed with in early August this year, saying she posed for a nude photo shoot before having mastectomy. Sharing her ordeal in a recent interview with "The Oprah Winfrey Show", she said she did it in order to have a memory of her breasts.
Recalling the day she did the nude photo shoot, which was emotional and private, she told Oprah Winfrey, "I did my first and last nudie photo shoot at home." She went on saying, "I made sure that I have close-up photographs of them from every angle, so I can kind of remember them."
After that having her breasts removed, Applegate revealed to Oprah that doctors have since planted the so-called "expanders" in her chest, which according to her will eventually allow them to sculpt fake breasts. "They keep expanding over a few months until they take those out and put in your implants ... They have this strange little thing that they insert in there and they keep filling it up with saline to expand behind the muscles," the actress explained.
Having a pair of fake breasts, Applegate however told Oprah they are nothing compared to her real breasts. "You've got scarring and there's a lot of things you're missing... and the shape is not the same and it doesn't feel the same and it's hard to carry your purse and there are so many limitations," Applegate stated. "It's sad. I cry at least once a day about it because it's hard to overlook it when you're standing there in the mirror." Despite all the side effect of her breasts cancer surgery, Applegate still can make joke of it, telling the talk show host that since having the fake breasts she doesn't want to wear bra again.
Back on August 2, Applegate's representative confirmed the actress "was diagnosed with an early form of breast cancer." Nevertheless, "benefiting from early detection through a doctor ordered MRI, the cancer is not life threatening" and she then opted to have mastectomy. On date 19 the same month following the surgery, Applegate publicly confirmed on "Good Morning America" she's "absolutely 100 percent clear and clean" from cancer.
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri
- 'Shameless' Season 8 Renewal Is Put on Hold as Emmy Rossum Asks for Pay Parity
- Ryan Reynolds Finally Reveals Why He Looked So Uninterested in That Taylor Swift Photo