Country Crooner Kenny Chesney Develops New Rum
Having a prominent name in country music industry, Kenny Chesney is venturing into beverage business, developing a new premium rum. He's teaming up with drinks company Constellation Spirits to develop the beverage and will as well be involved in its advertising and product placing.
"As an entertainer, my goal is to create an enjoyable experience for people," Chesney said on what prompted him to launch the new rum. "I'm going to take that same approach in developing a high-quality rum product with Constellation. We're looking to create a fun-in-the-sun, vacation-in-a-bottle type experience that people everywhere can enjoy when they kick back and relax."
Chesney is Constellation's first celebrity tie-in. His new rum, which has yet to be named as of press time, will hit leading U.S. liquor stores at the beginning of 2010.
Chesney's partnership with Constellation Spirits, as stated by the company's president Marty Birkel, grew from Corona beer's sponsorship of one of the singer's tours. Another company that is affiliated with Constellation, Chicago-based Crown Imports, is Corona's U.S. distributor.
A country music singer and songwriter, Chesney has made a number of hits and earned many awards. He leads the 2008 Annual Country Music Awards with seven nominations all at once. He among others is nominated for the categories of Male Vocalist of the Year and Entertainer of the Year. Winners of the awards will be announced on November 12 later this year.
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance