Heath Ledger's Daughter Matilda to Inherit His 20 Million Dollars Estate
After months of closed court hearings, it is finally ruled that Heath Ledger's daughter, Matilda Rose Ledger, whom he has with then fiancee Michelle Williams, will become the legal heir of his $2 million estate, Australia newspaper the Sunday Times reports. According to his father Kim Ledger, his late actor son's will originally had the asset divided up to his parents and sisters, but after further talk the whole family decided to give it up to the 2 year-old girl for her benefit.
Heath, who died on January 22, 2008 as a result of an accidental prescription pill overdose, gave away his entire estate to his parents and three sisters, Kate and Olivia Ledger and Ashleigh Bell, in a will he signed on April 12, 2003, two years before Matilda was born. The will left half of the estate to Kate, Olivia and Ashleigh with the remainder was to go to his parents, Kim and Sally Bell, after debts had been paid.
But Kim has been quoted by the Sunday Times as saying that he and the family have given "everything to Matilda" adding, "there is no claim." Williams who was expected to contest Heath's outdated will has yet commented about the decision the late star's family has made.
Meanwhile, talks are loud on Heath's will which listed just 145,000 Australian dollars in assets and cash when it was drawn up in 2003. No mention of mansions or millions. However, it has been speculated that his estate is now worth more than 20 million dollars, the Sunday Times stated.
The Sunday Times, moreover, also cited Larry Williams, one of the world's best-known stock market traders, as saying he was surprised that documents filed in a New York court listed Heath's assets at just $145,000. "It's real simple: just come clean with everything," so he said.
Heath and Williams met while filming "Brokeback Mountain" in 2005. They soon thereafter began dating and once even got engaged. They welcomed daughter Matilda in October 2005. They announced their separation in early September 2007.
More Heath Ledger News
- Soulja Boy Charged on Suspicion of Illegally Possessing Firearms
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Tension Between Corinne and Other Girls Is About to Get Physical
- 'Star Wars: Episode VIII' Gets Official Title, Mark Hamill Reacts
- Michelle Williams Reveals She Was 'Inconsolable' After Leaving Shared Home With Heath Ledger
- Mel Gibson Welcomes Baby No. 9 - Is It a Boy or a Girl?
- Lady GaGa Set to Release New Album in 2017
- 'My Super Sweet 16' Is Getting a Revival on MTV
- Iggy Azalea's New Beau LJay Currie Gets Two Handfuls of Her Boobs and Ass