Limited Edition Dolls of Pop Sensation Katy Perry Ready for Release
Becoming the latest celebrity to have her figure immortalized in plastic, Katy Perry is about to release a limited edition doll of herself later this week. The doll is similar to the one that is featured in the music video of her hit single "Ur So Gay", from her second studio album "One of the Boys."
New York-based toy manufacturer Integrity Toys, which produced the doll used in Katy's "Ur So Gay" video, has collaborated with the singer to create 500 special edition dolls in her likeness. The doll will retail for $49.99 and is expected to sell out in two days.
And while Katy has said nothing about the doll, Bob Semanovich, who works in marketing for her label Capitol Music Group, has been telling Billboard creating doll "makes good sense for Katy who is a blossoming global pop culture superstar." Bob added, "It's a perfect extension of her brand as she's music, fashion and everything pop culture."
According to Integrity Toys, Katy's dolls are sold out on initial pre-orders, but the company is offering fans the chance to be added to the waiting list when the doll becomes available again. Information on how to order can be seen at the company's official site.
More Katy Perry News
- CBS Renews 16 Series for 2017-2018 Season - Find Out Which Show Makes the Cut
- Rihanna Is Reportedly Not Surprised With Drake's New Sade Tattoo. Find Out Why
- It's Finally Here! Zayn Malik Releases New Single 'Still Got Time' Ft. PARTYNEXTDOOR
- Mariah Carey Plans to Throw More 'Subtle Shade' at Nicki Minaj
- Report: Generous George Clooney Under FBI Investigation for Money Laundering
- 'Justice League' Character Posters and Teasers Are Out, First Trailer Will Be Released Soon
- 'Twin Peaks' Revival: First Photos and Details Are Revealed
- FOX's' X-Men' Pilot 'Gifted' Unveils First BTS Photo Featuring Amy Acker