Limited Edition Dolls of Pop Sensation Katy Perry Ready for Release
Becoming the latest celebrity to have her figure immortalized in plastic, Katy Perry is about to release a limited edition doll of herself later this week. The doll is similar to the one that is featured in the music video of her hit single "Ur So Gay", from her second studio album "One of the Boys."
New York-based toy manufacturer Integrity Toys, which produced the doll used in Katy's "Ur So Gay" video, has collaborated with the singer to create 500 special edition dolls in her likeness. The doll will retail for $49.99 and is expected to sell out in two days.
And while Katy has said nothing about the doll, Bob Semanovich, who works in marketing for her label Capitol Music Group, has been telling Billboard creating doll "makes good sense for Katy who is a blossoming global pop culture superstar." Bob added, "It's a perfect extension of her brand as she's music, fashion and everything pop culture."
According to Integrity Toys, Katy's dolls are sold out on initial pre-orders, but the company is offering fans the chance to be added to the waiting list when the doll becomes available again. Information on how to order can be seen at the company's official site.
More Katy Perry News
- Gwyneth Paltrow Shares Makeup-Free Selfie to Celebrate 44th Birthday
- Nashville Crowd Helps Kanye West Diss Taylor Swift
- 'Modern Family' to Make History by Casting Transgender Child Actor
- New 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Set Pic Sees Tom Holland Suiting Up as the Webslinger in Queens
- 'Scream Queens' 2.03 Preview Teases Bad Blood Between Chad and Brock
- Courteney Cox on Jennifer Aniston Dragged Into Brangelina Divorce: 'It's Not About Her'
- Rep Denies Lady GaGa Is Having Baby 'on Her Own'
- Get Your First Look at Nick Jonas in New 'Jumanji' Movie